Do We Need to Know Examples? (1 Viewer)

Dash8

HSC
Im in the process of writing my syllabus dot point summaries for geography and I'm wondering if we need to know examples for each dot point and how detailed they need to be.

Thank you!

madharris

HSC
N/A
Well i dropped geo like 1.5 months ago so I'm not 100% sure

But I'm pretty sure you should have brief examples for every dot point (know location, info; such as income, impacts of ____, management, etc [depends on what topic])
For your case studies you definitely need to know in depth so you can illustrate or give relevance to the geographical information in the questions

My teacher made sure we had examples for each dotpoint

Dash8

HSC
Well i dropped geo like 1.5 months ago so I'm not 100% sure

But I'm pretty sure you should have brief examples for every dot point (know location, info; such as income, impacts of ____, management, etc [depends on what topic])
For your case studies you definitely need to know in depth so you can illustrate or give relevance to the geographical information in the questions

My teacher made sure we had examples for each dotpoint
Thanks so much. My teacher does things all over the place and I don't even think she follows the syllabus properly.....

oranges

HSC
N/A
Examples are a must for short answers/extended responses. My teacher told us to use 'PEEL' (Point, Explain, Example, Link back to the question) to answer questions and by adding examples, it supports and enhances your answer. Depending on the dot point, 1-2 sentences will do and as madharris said, your case study will be more comprehensive. You don't have to create new examples for each dot point; if possible link them with your case study so you can remember them better.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Examples are a must for short answers/extended responses. My teacher told us to use 'PEEL' (Point, Explain, Example, Link back to the question) to answer questions and by adding examples, it supports and enhances your answer. Depending on the dot point, 1-2 sentences will do and as madharris said, your case study will be more comprehensive. You don't have to create new examples for each dot point; if possible link them with your case study so you can remember them better.
That pretty much sums it up to be honest.

HSC Geography is not a theoretical subject so when you get a question in an exam, you need to use examples to reinforce your point. It's easy to answer a question, but if you are able to interpret your answer into the context of the wider world, then that's when you start picking up the marks associated with a B6 student.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
I wouldn't say you need examples for every dot point although for most of them it would be handy to have at least some basic knowledge of how it has been applied in context/is seen in practice.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I wouldn't say you need examples for every dot point although for most of them it would be handy to have at least some basic knowledge of how it has been applied in context/is seen in practice.
This is a good point. Some things in the syllabus don't lend themselves to having examples to reference as they are generally theoretical in nature. Use your own discretion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)