• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Do ya have a proper study area? (1 Viewer)

matchalolz

HSC
hahaha i wish i did. I study on a dining table but have a shelf with all my books next to it, so it's not bad
otherwise i study in libraries or cafes

Erique

Writ in water
HSC
I do have a little desk in my room, but my home environment was too chaotic (studied for the HSC with a noisy 2 year old brother in the house). The walls are seriously cardboard thin, and not even white noise could block out the ruckus. Since my study consisted of both written work (typing out my essays and notes, analysing texts by hand) and oral work (reading notes aloud, reciting essays, teaching invisible students), my areas fluctuated between Macquarie Uni/State Library (SL was where I found my best resources for History Extension/Extension English), and even in my own backyard when I was doing the oral work.

I'm in complete disbelief as to how I made it this far with such an inconsistent pattern, as well as the distress borne from the shouting in the living room and being able to hear every single damn noise in the house, but I know that uni will be different and things will have to change accordingly as work becomes increasingly intense.

Anthel

HSC
N/A
I'm pretty sure my parents are louder than your 2 year old brother.. trust me.. its bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)