Do you buy a yearly train ticket? (1 Viewer)

conics2008

HSC
So if I buy a yearly ticket on the Western line from Liverpool to the city, I can get off anywhere between there legally?

NO YOU CANT!

Redfern ISN"T in the CITY CIRCLE.

I LIVE IN LIVERPOOL ASWELL and that doesn't work.

These guys prolly dont even travel on trains as much. Im basically on trains everyday. If you buy to CITY which includes all the city circles station from centeral to st james or mesume. Redern is NOT included in the CITY ticket.

Just get it to redfern and you shall be happy =]

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
NO YOU CANT!

These guys prolly dont even travel on trains as much. Im basically on trains everyday. If you buy to CITY which includes all the city circles station from centeral to st james or mesume. Redern is NOT included in the CITY ticket.

flexipasses let you travel anywhere within the bounds of the stations named on the tickets.

so if you buy a wherever - city ticket, you can get off at the city or anywhere before it. i know this for a fact because i've done it for the last two years.

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
NO YOU CANT!

Excuse me, If you buy a ticket from Liverpool to the City then you CAN get off at Redfern as it's before the City. If you buy a single or return ticket then you can't and exit the station, then that counts as your exit at your destination.

For weeklies or other types of tickets of this sort, you can travel anywhere between the destinations on your ticket and with break of trip.

For Liverpool to City, you can actually get off at any station on the Bankstown, Inner West, South (and Western Line upto Granville).

danz90

HSC
When you buy a flexipass ticket, say I want it to be from xx to Central, will it show on the ticket my station to CITY or my station to CENTRAL?

I hope you get my drift lol

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
When you buy a flexipass ticket, say I want it to be from xx to Central, will it show on the ticket my station to CITY or my station to CENTRAL?

I hope you get my drift lol
If you buy one to the City it will say City. If you buy one to Central it will say Central.

vivtzav

HSC
Hi. i live in monterey which is in south east (15 mins away from airport) is it better to go to central and getting bus from railway square to the uni? or going to redfern? all my classes start in the wallace theatre which is closer to Paramatta rd anyways. The bus stops near Ross st too..is that far from where my class is?
Please help...

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
Which station are you going to travel from?

If it's on the airport line then those trains don't stop at Redfern (except for the peak hour services that go via Sydenham instead of the airport), in which case you'd have no choice but to make Central your destination. Well you could change there for Redfern, but why would you bother?

jkwii

Ultimate Member
HSC
i wanna buy a flexipass from turramurra to lidcombe. ii know im on the other campus ugh. anyway would it be possible to get off at the new stops (macq uni, top ryde, etc) when coming home say cos i have training near mac uni.

HSC
Excuse me, If you buy a ticket from Liverpool to the City then you CAN get off at Redfern as it's before the City. If you buy a single or return ticket then you can't and exit the station, then that counts as your exit at your destination.

For weeklies or other types of tickets of this sort, you can travel anywhere between the destinations on your ticket and with break of trip.

For Liverpool to City, you can actually get off at any station on the Bankstown, Inner West, South (and Western Line upto Granville).
Just to clarify...

- I'm purchasing a return ticket from Fairfield -> City (I'll be getting off at Redfern). So I'm using the Western line.
- After class, I head to Market City or something, can I get on Town Hall to go home?
- Can I legally get off at Granville instead of Fairfield on the way home?

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Just to clarify...

- I'm purchasing a return ticket from Fairfield -> City (I'll be getting off at Redfern). So I'm using the Western line.
- After class, I head to Market City or something, can I get on Town Hall to go home?
- Can I legally get off at Granville instead of Fairfield on the way home?
if it's a ticket to the city then yes, you can travel to or from any CBD station, which includes town hall. and since granville comes before fairfield when you're travelling home, yes, you can get off there.

HSC
if it's a ticket to the city then yes, you can travel to or from any CBD station, which includes town hall. and since granville comes before fairfield when you're travelling home, yes, you can get off there.
Great. Thanks for that :D

vivtzav

HSC
Which station are you going to travel from?

If it's on the airport line then those trains don't stop at Redfern (except for the peak hour services that go via Sydenham instead of the airport), in which case you'd have no choice but to make Central your destination. Well you could change there for Redfern, but why would you bother?

i will be travelling from Rockdale station..any idea if its better to go to central or redfern?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
i will be travelling from Rockdale station..any idea if its better to go to central or redfern?
Stop asking the same questions. Look at the fucking map and take the one that's further from your station.

danz90

HSC
Today I bought a Flexipass for $190, will last me most of semester. Plus, its to CITY, so I can go down to Town hall or wherever free, pretty cool. Works out cheaper, and saves hassle of buying a ticket everyday.

maz5

HSC
Today I bought a Flexipass for $190, will last me most of semester. Plus, its to CITY, so I can go down to Town hall or wherever free, pretty cool. Works out cheaper, and saves hassle of buying a ticket everyday.
So you got it for 14 weeks?

Smithereens

HSC
Got one for 39 days, which is til Easter and the one week mid-semester holiday.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
red travelpass ftw

also dont forget, how many weeks are there in a semester? how many semesters are there? why would you buy a yearly (even though im quite sure theres no concession discount on them in the first place) ticket to only travel 30 weeks out of 52?

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
red travelpass ftw

also dont forget, how many weeks are there in a semester? how many semesters are there? why would you buy a yearly (even though im quite sure theres no concession discount on them in the first place) ticket to only travel 30 weeks out of 52?
for a flexipass you can specify the exact start and finish dates, so you could just get it to run until the last day of semester 2, or buy one at the start of each semester. (and you can get concession on yearly flexipasses, just not on yearly travelpasses.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)