• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Do you buy your books or borrow them from the library? (2 Viewers)

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I haven't gone to the library in a while because I have a list of books to read that I got for Xmas or that I bought. But I do need to go soon.

mic

Chronic Burper
HSC
N/A
i've been doing both. if the books are on special, i'll buy them. for older books i'll go to the library

SimpaticO

Happy Man
I don't read books until I can afford to buy my own books. That probably sounds stange but I get more enjoyment reading a book just by knowing that I own it and can cherish and read it again in the future should I wish to.

smittenkitten

Poopinator
I buy books. I dislike the 'borrowed' smell of library books. I actually don't really voluntarily step into a library. I'm not sure how I picked up this 'must buy books only' habit. And...I have a bad habit of not being able to wait until a small paperback version is released and will fork out wads for a hardcover, large copy :(

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
smell of library books? i've never noticed! maybe its cos i borrow books more often than i buy them :p

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by Sarah168
smell of library books? i've never noticed! maybe its cos i borrow books more often than i buy them :p
I usually find that they have a kind of musty smell to them:).

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by SimpaticO
I don't read books until I can afford to buy my own books. That probably sounds stange but I get more enjoyment reading a book just by knowing that I own it and can cherish and read it again in the future should I wish to.
actually the books tat i bought- never get read, coz i keep procrastinating. whilst the book that i borrow, always gets read since i know i gotta return it on the due date. :D

TheDreamer

lol.
For me, it depends on the expense and if the book is worth it. And of course, if I know I'll like it.

Don't you hate buying those cheap ones that cost $5 or less and it becomes such a bad read? I end up giving it away before getting halfway. hehe

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
I used to borrow a lot of books from the library, then I had a phase of buying books, and now I'm borrowing books again

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Originally posted by TheDreamer
lol.
For me, it depends on the expense and if the book is worth it. And of course, if I know I'll like it.

Don't you hate buying those cheap ones that cost $5 or less and it becomes such a bad read? I end up giving it away before getting halfway. hehe
Better than buying an expensive book and finding it becomes a bad read. :p

I appreciate owning the books, whether I wish to re-read or simply cite them.. Nice to have a collection.

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
I have to borrow books from the library. It would cost more money than I have ever had at once in my life to buy every book I wanted. Besides the librarians are pretty good people once you get on their good side.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
yah i heard you have to get a diploma? :eek:
when i was a kid, i wanted to be a librarian :D
i was a complete bookworm o__O;;

life4_rent

i borrow most of my books.. i only buy them if i've heard they're really good or if they look intriguing.. i'm finding myself stocking up on classic literature tho. like jane austen & the brontes.. my next conquest is homer's 'odyssey' :D

textbook-wise. only the ones that are really worth it. i mean seriously, some textbooks are so expensive & are CRAP!

Last edited:

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
hahah i was looking through my bookshelf the other day.... i have a book that's actually my 4th grade teacher's.... and another book from my primary school library :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)