Do you feel cheated? (1 Viewer)

Do you feel cheated by the BOS for maing such easy tests?

• Yes

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • No

Votes: 17 51.5%

• Total voters

Mr Chicken

What i'm saying is, while you may feel you've done really well - as I do, the markers aren't gonna be lettin you all get 98+ or whatever
they r going to be STINGY with the marks

after the phys trial at my school (syd high), a lot of us thought, hey, 90+ for sure
i came 4th with 86, top was 89!

dun be thinking that 90+ is going to be easy...

zemaj

But the point....

If the test is easy then it makes a test of if you get the right answers based on marking criteria. Thus -> not a test of skill, I test of luck!

That's why we're complaining it's easy!
...well me anyway.

That and the fact I feel 2 years of *work* (aka sitting @ the back of the class talking) have ben wasted :rolleyes:

-zem

stickyicky

I feel this chem test was a study and know exam, and not very analytical at all , but then again it suits people like me cause i dun understand hardly nethin in chem neway

macca202

I feel this chem test was a study and know exam, and not very analytical at all , but then again it suits people like me cause i dun understand hardly nethin in chem neway
yeah i agree!, i didn't study much but the questions were still pretty simple to answer. It was basically a matter of did you remember the 37th page of your notes. Not much of it depended on SMARTNESS, which kind of screws me as i rely on that. There were no difficult calculation questiond either. actually is magnesium carbonate or whatever it was MgCO(3)? if it was, then how easy was that question!!! most ppl will stuff up the questions worth more than 3 marks i guarantee you. It was preetty funcking damn obvious the sciences were gona be easy because they are being reduced by 15% in content for the next year 12's so they didn't want to make it any nore unfair for us by giving us a hard test

evil_one

Can i just say that for someone to get full marks for a 7 or 6 or 5 marker, your answers have to be indepth, and have to answer the question (ie the evaluate, assess, describe yadda yadda yadda... ) .. i'm sure you know that... but the thing is it is sooooo easy for the marker to say, nup this person needed another example..

Anyway, if everyone gets band sixes like everyone thinks, who cares... hsc means crap .. its uai that counts and that is a position.. and chem will prob be scaled down a lot more now

My opinion on the exam: the question was the exact opposite of what i wanted and what i thought it would be like.. i'd rather have hard mole concept questions and the sort than 20 odd marks on the effects of some chemistry thing on the environment...

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
That's be a good, old chemistry exam... :) This isn't, unfortunately...
I'm thinking the people who are better at english wrote more...:rolleyes: but don't you notice the fewer pages in the band 5/6 answers for the options? If everyone wrote like 9 pages last year, and they pick the 4/5/6 page answers to be near the top...
Even the 8 mark question on detailed analysis of a metal restoration/preservation ain't that long...

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
Last year they said that there weren't many band 6 people...
The BOS standards package answers had 4/5/6 pages for the ENTIRE soptions section...
If we were to assume the people wrote a lot for the last section... like us...
it's not a comforting thought... :rolleyes:

Lord Ac

Trust me *wink*
HSC
That MgCo3 question was ridiculously easy. My teacher gave it to my (Yr 11) class and we did it quick-smart. He then showed us that it was in the HSC exam ... shesh! Why bother to even do Yr 12??

(And yes, for the other 97 marks, but you get my point).

Ac

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by BlackJack
Last year they said that there weren't many band 6 people...
The BOS standards package answers had 4/5/6 pages for the ENTIRE soptions section...
If we were to assume the people wrote a lot for the last section... like us...
it's not a comforting thought... :rolleyes:
I did 9 and a bit pages, but unlike the standards ones I almost always start a new page for every question and put in a huge labelled diagram - didn't actually write that much more than the standard ones.

duy

i feel very cheated!!

i wasted time memorising all te monitoring pracs
and all the needed batteries!!!

and not one one any was in the exam!!!!!!

Mathematician

Not a waste!!!

"I feel 2 years of *work* (aka sitting @ the back of the class talking) have ben wasted"

If you studied very hard then Uni will be much easier if you wish to further your study in chemistry.
Even if the work is unrelated your brains neural web will have grown and will make u understand more easily and faster.
Also arent you at all happy that you have learned some concepts.I get happy , hehe :)

I Wish at then end of this year(im in yr 12) i can come out like you guys and say its easy.

I have problems with long response questions. I know why but.
You must practice doing some of the syllabus outcomes as long response questions.
BUT I JUST DONT DO IT. I mean i want to but my body cant handle too much study.
I wish i do study this year as it will be the biggest year that my life depends on.

utopian731

Eudaimonian
It was pretty crap how there were so few calculations. On top of that, itd be nice to see a ltitle more "grass roots" chemistry

"the spirirt of the course"
heh, thats the problem

on the other hand, its nice how people who can actually string a sentence together get rewarded in a non-humanities exam. Whats the point knwoing heaps of chem if you cant express yourself clearly?

macca202

Re: Not a waste!!!

Originally posted by Mathematician

I Wish at then end of this year(im in yr 12) i can come out like you guys and say its easy.

I wish i do study this year as it will be the biggest year that my life depends on.
2 things:
1) your still in year 11 doing year 12 work
2)... i forgot what i was going to say for two
so just the one thing.

Re: Not a waste!!!

Originally posted by Mathematician

If you studied very hard then Uni will be much easier if you wish to further your study in chemistry.
Even if the work is unrelated your brains neural web will have grown and will make u understand more easily and faster.
That's the right attitude to have!

Guys, seriously, how can the BOS test all the things we learnt (like batteries) in a 3hr exam??? What it does test is those people that can be selective about their learning on the day of the exam. It tests the ppl that do know EVERYTHING, just in case!

Look on the bright side, it's all behind us now! YIPEE!!
(unless you plan to do chem at Uni) :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)