Do you feel confident about achieving the UAI which you are aiming for? (1 Viewer)

Do you feel confident about achieving the UAI which you are aiming for?

• Yes

Votes: 12 30.8%
  • No

Votes: 18 46.2%
  • Not sure

Votes: 9 23.1%

• Total voters

timmii

sporadic attendee
Just spent an excruciating period of time at a family get-together tonite....Had to answer individually everybody's standard questions and smile pleasantly at the platitudes of "we're sure you'll do well", "you should get in" etc etc......its so irritating, how can anyone (let alone ppl who still call it TER, if they even know that much about it) know????

Sorry.....venting...sick of all the unthought about responses of how i'll do.....when i'm having serious doubts about myself atm.

schwang_thang

Originally posted by flyin'

neway, sometimes when i feel really good and think that my school will do well, i think i could possibly get 99.5+

but at other times, reality strikes home and i feel i might just pull of 99

so im not too confident right now
whoa....talk abt high standards!! :eek:

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Yeah originally, after the HSC exams I felt as though I would get 99.5+ now I feel a little less confident as the HSC results come out in 3 days time.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by schwang_thang

whoa....talk abt high standards!! :eek:
if you aim higher ... and still dont reach your goal ... you will still be higher that if you aim for mediocrity ...

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC

if you aim higher ... and still dont reach your goal ... you will still be higher that if you aim for mediocrity ...
Yeah I agree, just like that quote on the bored of studies page states :

"Remember that an archer, at long distances, must aim higher than his target in order to hit it."

schwang_thang

Originally posted by Ultimate

Yeah I agree, just like that quote on the bored of studies page states :

"Remember that an archer, at long distances, must aim higher than his target in order to hit it."
yeah i guess...but the chances of disappointment r high
thats y i tell every1 im aiming pretty low, if i do crap then they're prepared, if i do well then its a pleasant surprise :)

hornet

Yeah confident. Aiming for =>90. Though a 85-90 wont be bad, I will still get into my course, so I'll still be happy.

Basically.... if its enough to get into uni, I will be happy, by increasing amounts (ranging to "OMFG wtf how awesome!!" for about a week). If its not enough, I will be seriously, seriously dissapointed.

But overall, yeah, i am confident. waiting is killing me tho!

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by schwang_thang

yeah i guess...but the chances of disappointment r high
thats y i tell every1 im aiming pretty low, if i do crap then they're prepared, if i do well then its a pleasant surprise :)
if you know and accept that you've done your best I don't think you can be disappointed.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Ultimate

if you know and accept that you've done your best I don't think you can be disappointed.
thats true but more often than not ... people dont give there 100% and just give a half-hearted attempt ...

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC

thats true but more often than not ... people dont give there 100% and just give a half-hearted attempt ...
Then there's the regret...

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by InfiniteQ

Then there's the regret...
its not really regret ... i didnt give the hsc my all ... and that my fault for being stupid ... i knew i should have ... but procrastination and laziness took hold ...

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Yeah but you can't expect that you can work every hour and every day in the lead up to the HSC. Everyone procrastinates a bit and gets a bit lazy but that is part of the process.

I don't think that its something you can really regret. I know that if I did the HSC again, I don't think I would have approached the HSC any differently.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
procrastination meaning that i left the whole physics course to be learnt in three days before my trials and deciding to spend the day before cramming and realising that i had to study my option that same day (quanta ...) ... that is what i mean by laziness ... as well spending my class time talking and daydreaming ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)