• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

do you get bribed to do well at school? (1 Viewer)

bettina44

HSC
do you need a carrot to be dangled in front of you or do you motivate yourself? what do your parents try to bribe you with?

dp624

HSC
I motivate myself. Parents try yo tell me stuff but i ignore them. When they try to tell me to relax i say not. When they tell me to work harder i continue bludging. I know myself and my study best, not them, and i did well regardless.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
bettina44 said:
do you need a carrot to be dangled in front of you or do you motivate yourself? what do your parents try to bribe you with?
No. I am my own motivation. So I get 99.9999....% motivation from myself

However, some "bribes" from parents will definitely help. ;)

jet

Banned
HSC
I don't get a thing from my parents.

The only thing driving me is knowing what i want to do when I'm older and being prepared to do anything moral to get there.

selablad

HSC
My parents just expect me to do well on my own, so they never bribe me. My sister, on the other hand, slacked off most of her life, so whenever she brings home an A they're all "oooh $$$ shopping spree, well done sweetie!"

This may or may not have anything to do with the fact that my sister can wind anyone around her little finger...

zzzz12345

HSC
My parents subscribe to the idea that my education is purely for my own benefit and thus it is my own responsibility to motivate myself and do well. My parents probably leave me alone because they know they could never motivate me as much as I can motivate myself thus essentially making them redundant in that faculty. As a result my parents don't bribe me though they are very accomodating in regards to most of the things that I ask for. However I think that my parents have subconsciously started to expect me to also do well so although they don't push me and/or bribe me there is always that level of expectation...Especially in some subjects that will remain nameless.

Princess Leng

HSC
i used to get bribed when i was younger. my dad would gimme a dollar for every 1 hr study session i did.

i was raking in the cash.

nandayo

ismist
HSC
My parents offered the bribe that if I did well, they wouldn't brutally glass and mutilate me.

Worked pretty well.

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
bribes hmm laptop for bday xD

they bribed my sister who did her sc this yr, if she could beat my marks she would get $1000!! Too bad she failed haha, id like to see the looks on their faces xD

H4rdc0r3

HSC
100 or gtfo and burn my birth certificate, renovate the house (-1 my room).

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
It's my own motivation- i want to do well for myself so i can see how far i can go when i try :D

HOWEVER i do get "rewarded" if i do well... which doesn't really mean much because i could just ask for it if i needed it. But the satisfaction in actually earning something for a change is the best ^^

But besides that they don't interfere at all, besides when i tell them to remind me that i have an assessment due within the week if i do so i remember to do it :p

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
wixxy2348 said:
It's a little late..
And they wouldnt have $1,000,000.
It's never too late :D My friend just told her parents i got "rewarded" if i did well so she's being rewarded if she does well, like comes 1st or something in an exam XD

And it was a joke about the $1,000,000 ahaha

ahhliss said:
I asked my mum for a phone but she wouldn't get me it so I was like, I will do work and nothing else these whole holidays. No Facebook, no Bebo, no MapleStory, just work, MSN and BoS (for help xD).

She replied, that's too easy, that's not enough to earn a phone -.-" Then she said if I do well in the HSC she'll get me the phone so I guess it's a bribe? I argued I got a band 6 for Maths but that didn't work xD
It is indeed a bribe :D

Get band 6 for like everything and then demand a kick arse phone ^^

zzzz12345

HSC
annabackwards said:
Make a deal with them. If i get **.** or higher for my UAI, you have to give me $1,000,000 :p
One of my friends has this deal with her parents:
-If she tops one subject (i.e. comes first in the state in something for the HSC) she gets a giant teddy bear
-If she tops two subjects she gets a kitten
-If she tops three subjects she gets a car
-If she tops four subjects (or all of her subjects) she gets $1,000,000

One has to wish her the best of luck.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
zzzz12345 said:
One of my friends has this deal with her parents:
-If she tops one subject (i.e. comes first in the state in something for the HSC) she gets a giant teddy bear
-If she tops two subjects she gets a kitten
-If she tops three subjects she gets a car
-If she tops four subjects (or all of her subjects) she gets $1,000,000

One has to wish her the best of luck.
seems alright depending what school she goes to

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)