do you have any advice to help a new uni student to get good grades? (1 Viewer)

Kittycat

HSC
You serious? I sure want a lecturer like yours & evilcs...but is he/she allowed to do that? I mean give you the question? Couldn't this lecturer get in trouble for doing it?

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Originally posted by Kittycat
but is he/she allowed to do that? I mean give you the question? Couldn't this lecturer get in trouble for doing it?
No, they can run the course however they please. They don't even have to set exams if they don't want, they could base their final marks just on assessment tasks if they thought it was appropritate. (I actually did wonder why they didn't just give us the essay questions as an assessment rather than an exam!) And everyone in the course got given the questions, so it's not like certain peopel got an advantage over others.

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by Butterfly_Wings
You think thats good...our sociology lecturer in first semester gave us the exact, word for word exam questions 3 weeks before the exam so we could pre-prepare our answers!
And even then I only got a stoopid credit. :(

ppfffttt......might as well given u 100...

santaslayer

HSC
and also back to the topic.....how many hours do u think per day is required to get a decent mark in uni?...lets say it was a commerce/law type of course.

HSC
You think thats good...our sociology lecturer in first semester gave us the exact, word for word exam questions 3 weeks before the exam so we could pre-prepare our answers!
wow! :D
ur lucky ... but credit???
lol did he/she set "special" questions:p

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Well, they did mark pretty strictly seeing as we were getting such a sweet deal. And it wasn't just a subject where you could get the information out of a textbook, you had to really do your homework and think about it. Most people got around the same mark...one of my friends actually failed it, which would have been a real bummer!

HSC
Well, they did mark pretty strictly seeing as we were getting such a sweet deal. And it wasn't just a subject where you could get the information out of a textbook, you had to really do your homework and think about it. Most people got around the same mark...one of my friends actually failed it, which would have been a real bummer!
dat really suckz to fail... i cant do dat considering i need to get credits to transfer :(
homework :p i'll try to do it this time

and do lectures talk fast?? my bro says some do so i'll b screwed if i had to get down ALL the important points down?????

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Originally posted by zaijan_85
dat really suckz to fail... i cant do dat considering i need to get credits to transfer :(
homework :p i'll try to do it this time

and do lectures talk fast?? my bro says some do so i'll b screwed if i had to get down ALL the important points down?????
Most lecturers make overheads or powerpoint slides with all the important notes on them, so you just write them down as you listen to them talking. Very few just talk at you and expect you to get down any relevant points. If they do just talk-they usually comment on what bits to be writing down.
You do have to write fast, but if the lecturer starts going to quick to get all the notes down everyone in the room starts moaning and they will usually try to slow down. And if you do miss some stuff, you can always just refer to your textbook or get the notes off a friend. You can always get the info somehow.

HSC
PHEW! thanks butterfly it sounds reasonable now :p lol
coz i thought i'd b bored to death b4 i can start to ask questions

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
Was that SCLG1001 with Sue Goodwin??? I did sociology too and i don't remember being given the exam questions, but i got HD though so i'm not complaining, just curious?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)