Do you have any part-time job? (1 Viewer)

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I quit McDonald's. Luckily.

isoonsui

HSC
Well, it's quite enjoyable when it's not busy.

Except some customers make special orders like,
'Double cheese burger without any pickle, ketchup, onion , but put ....'
that's really confusing.

just get things as they are, people! plz -

WangzoR

HSC
N/A
well, i work as a waiter at local restaruant

HSC
Tulipa said:
amcal chemist.. it's good money for doing not very much
I reckon! Every time i see those people in Amcal, they're middle-aged women reading magazines!!

Trogie

HSC
Tulipa said:
amcal chemist.. it's good money for doing not very much
I was wondering how you got into this job? I always see ads in the paper for pharmacy assistants but they always want people with experience.

Also, what does the job involve? is it just serving customers?

What's the pay per hour?

thanks

elisabeth

HSC
Trogie said:
I was wondering how you got into this job? I always see ads in the paper for pharmacy assistants but they always want people with experience.

Also, what does the job involve? is it just serving customers?

What's the pay per hour?

thanks
I work at an amcal chemist as well, maybe this can help a bit:

I started at 15 getting $6.15 an hour. Now I'm 16 and get $8.62. Don't go in it for the money.

Mine involved at least half mudane shit - vacuuming, doing the mail, getting stuff from woolies, emptying the bins and so on - and the rest was pricing things, doing invoices, serving customers and working on the scripts counter.

I just walked around the shopping center with a bunch of resumes and got lucky. It was only a casual after school position, so nothing was advertised in the paper. The problem is I never got any formal training and most pharmacies are really good about that. Some stupid examples:

- me letting a customer go after her credit card receipt came up declined
- not knowing what vaginal thermometers are called or something like that (pretty embarrassing) and asking the customer what it was for
- when customers asked me "Where's the coloxyl?" I'd ask them "What is it for?" to know the section where to look.

I think not knowing anything is what makes me uncomfortable serving customers, and not enjoying it. If I had some training, it wouldn't be a bad environment to work in.

Looking back, my pharmacy went about it all pretty shit. I didn't even get a badge for 6 months. Now I've cut my weekly hours back from 10 to 3 (yeah, I have no idea why they keep me on either) and I know bugger all. I prefer not to serve customers and stay out of sight pricing things and doing invoices. I don't want to quit yet though: some of the people (customers and employeers) are well nice, and I like saying I have 2 jobs. Pathetic, aye?

I realise that was more than you asked for, but let me rant...

I also work at Oporto, which is more fun.

Last edited:

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I work at a switchboard.

So yeah, reception.

It's crappy but the bright sides are

- you get to hang up on people (accidently...yess...)
- you get to piss people off by putting them on hold
- it's fun flirting

zergcave

HSC
waiter - u can suck up to pple for a bigger tip....i get to serve pple alcohol, and watch them get drunk...

macdonalds - the customers give u the shits!! especially the overnight shifts where the queues are the length of the store, and all registers operating.....theres the occasional fights btween the partygoers....

Trogie

HSC
Tulipa said:
my amcal experience isn't as bad as elisabeths but it ain't fantastic. i don't do much besides serve customers (easy), clean (mind-numbingly easy) and shred paper (incredibly fun). it's good enough money for doing nothing (same as elisabeths but meh) and i like the people i work with. except my boss, who is a bitch.
lol i think you and elisabeth managed to turn me off even trying.

Did either of you have any experience in pharmacy work before you got the amcal job? I've only worked at coles so far, so my experience is sorta limited.

How much would an 18 yr old get paid? and do you think it would be worth it, like do you think it would look good on your resume?

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
i work weekends in a good guys warehouse.

Trogie

HSC
Tulipa said:
umm i think that an 18 yr old gets about $10 an hour..? i'm only sixteen so you'd get more than me and yeah i've heard that it looks pretty good on your resume. i had had no experience whatsoever before i worked there but then again i can't give out advice about medications or anything like that.
hmmm....sounds interesting. Do you mind if I ask which Amcal you work at?

Trogie

HSC
lol i dont even know where gordon is...I live near the city and i've never seen an Amcal around here. There are probably heaps but I just miss em.

Do you work a 2nd job?

Trogie

HSC
I always wanted to work at a video store, but they're always so dismissive when you ask if any work is available, even in response to a job ad!

HellVeN

Banned
HSC
Do you know if any other jobs are available ATM in Gordon?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)