Do you have to buy textbook before class (1 Viewer)

honsaw

HSC
N/A
Do i need to buy my textbooks before class starts or will the tutes or lectures
tell us what books to buy? do i need to buy the textbooks from the co-op bookshop?

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Wait until classes start. You'll be told in your first lectures exactly what you actually need.

Don't buy before hand as often book lists include unnecessary books.

You can buy your books anywhere you want.

honsaw

HSC
N/A
Wait until classes start. You'll be told in your first lectures exactly what you actually need.

Don't buy before hand as often book lists include unnecessary books.

You can buy your books anywhere you want.
Is it advisable to buy a laptop? or are lecture notes posted online?

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
They will tell you in your first lecture, and depending on the book you can buy them from anywhere or the co-op bookshop, UTS has a lot of custom books which are only available at the co-op shop next to UTS.

Lecture slides are posted online either for the whole semester in advance, or the friday the week before the lecture. You dont need a laptop, you can print out the notes and hand write next to them, I haven't used a laptop throughout my whole first year and went by fine, most people dont have them, some do however, so it's really your choice. Laptops do distract people in lectures so keep that in mind.

honsaw

HSC
N/A
Also, is it advisable to have lectures before tutorials or tutorials before lectures ? which one is better?

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Also, is it advisable to have lectures before tutorials or tutorials before lectures ? which one is better?
Your tutorials will be run a week behind your lectures. Most likely tutorials will not run in the first week because otherwise there is nothing to be taught in the tutorial.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)