• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Do you like your degree? (1 Viewer)

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
^Why can't I see the post you're quoting? :s

doink

Clone
HSC
I like my engineering/commerce degree but i am still trying to transfer into Med. Hopefully won't stuff up umat again.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
ari89 said:
^Why can't I see the post you're quoting? :s
Moderation?

The thread makes many jumps and starts, no sequence and order.

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
melsc said:
Arts/Law
Yes but I don't like that I will be at uni for 5 years!
Heh, try 7. However, in the spirit of this thread, I should note that they will be an enjoyable seven years - I'm pretty pleased to be able to do an arts degree (with honours) in philosophy and a medical degree semi-simultaneously. I can think of other options which would tempt me, but what I have is fairly ideal.

X

xeuyrawp

KFunk said:
Heh, try 7. However, in the spirit of this thread, I should note that they will be an enjoyable seven years - I'm pretty pleased to be able to do an arts degree (with honours) in philosophy and a medical degree semi-simultaneously. I can think of other options which would tempt me, but what I have is fairly ideal.
I don't know how I'd deal with full-time anything - whether it'd be a med degree, law, etc.

USyd grad law only scares me because I think I'd drop dead of monotony some time in the three years.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
hmm... 6 is enough.. im glad its over soon :D

still wonder if there are other better options..

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
PwarYuex said:
I don't know how I'd deal with full-time anything - whether it'd be a med degree, law, etc.

USyd grad law only scares me because I think I'd drop dead of monotony some time in the three years.
Aye, a number of my friends from highschool hit uni and ditched it after a couple of months or switched to part time study. I suppose uni brings out my inner masochist :p. In a week and a bit I'm going to hit a full time third year med load of 40 contact hours a week (24 are clinical) which is a bit intimidating. I'm hoping that next year, which will only be 12 hours of philosophy per week, will seem like a holiday in comparison!

X

xeuyrawp

KFunk said:
Aye, a number of my friends from highschool hit uni and ditched it after a couple of months or switched to part time study. I suppose uni brings out my inner masochist :p. In a week and a bit I'm going to hit a full time third year med load of 40 contact hours a week (24 are clinical) which is a bit intimidating. I'm hoping that next year, which will only be 12 hours of philosophy per week, will seem like a holiday in comparison!
I have something like 14 hours of class time, but last week I was on campus like 35-40 hours doing research as well as classes. :-/

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
8 or 9-5... 1 hr lunch.. 5 days a week
research at home

patient home visits..
on take and on call attachments.. after hours

oh and study for major exams =P..

im just glad to be lying down these days..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)