Do you lose marks for doing Pathways? (1 Viewer)

jellybean007

HSC
N/A
I am doing Pathways over two years for medical reasons (I have Chroinc Fatigue)... I was wondering if you could help me - no one at my school seems to know, or too willing to waste their prescious time to help out a student...

I have heard that I will lose 3 UAI points... but noone seems able to clarify this!

I'd really apprreciate if anyone could help me out - or am I better off just ringing the BOS myself?

Thanks everyone :)

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
jellybean007 said:
I am doing Pathways over two years for medical reasons (I have Chroinc Fatigue)... I was wondering if you could help me - no one at my school seems to know, or too willing to waste their prescious time to help out a student...

I have heard that I will lose 3 UAI points... but noone seems able to clarify this!

I'd really apprreciate if anyone could help me out - or am I better off just ringing the BOS myself?

You will *not* in any way lose marks, points or ranks. Anyone who tells you otherwise, has not done their research.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
well correct me if i'm wrong but i think this is how your uai would be determined:

say you were meant to graduate in 2004, but since you are doing pathways, you will graduate in 2005. well the way this goes is, you will complete, i think it is 5 or 6 units one year, and then the erst of your units in the next year. however, some people do their units in 3 years.

well say it is two years, and your subjects are for 2004 are subject A, B and C.
assume that you will get the hsc marks for these subjects.
A-67
B-96
C-88

and then in 2005 you might get for your subjects D, E,F
D-78
E-66
F-80

the subjects you did in your first year will be scaled and will be subjected to the scaling of 2004. your subjects that you did in 2005 would be subjected to the scaling in 2005.

the aggregate of your 2004 and your 2005 hsc amrks would be combined together and then will be ranked in the uai system of 2005.

i think this is how pathways work. hope it helped everyone. :)

Lennie

I could be wrong, but i've always been told that they take your latest mark. better or worse... as far as i know, they dont average...
wheres kami when you need him..

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
i never said anything about averaging. however, if people repeat the hsc, this thing that you are talking about happens. they will take the last mark that oyu recieved as an hsc mark. they will not take the one before that.

kami i think has finished the advanced english course, and is not doing it in the hsc of 2005, am i right mate? :p

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
EnterNameHere said:
I could be wrong, but i've always been told that they take your latest mark. better or worse... as far as i know, they dont average...
As a parthways student (03/04) they don't take marks and crap away (otherwise that would defeat the whole purpose of the aim of parthways) they take the marks from over the two years and calculate it that way. Otherwise little old me wouldn't be doing welfare (I didn't need a UAI) but all the same I needed pretty high marks to get in.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
its still valid you do realise. its after 3 years that your marks become void. therefore you marks form 2003 can still be used to calculate your uai if you had completed both of them courses.

Lennie

What i meant to say, is that, if your repeating the same subject, they take your latest mark, the first one isnt included, in any way.
but i just re-read your post, and realised you werent saying that :p

hehe sorry :)

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
EnterNameHere said:
they take your *latest* attempt at a course regardless of what it is...
wrong turn said:
kami i think has finished the advanced english course, and is not doing it in the hsc of 2005, am i right mate?
Yup they scale the course for the year you sat it.
wrong turn said:
its still valid you do realise. its after 3 years that your marks become void. therefore you marks form 2003 can still be used to calculate your uai if you had completed both of them courses.
Incorrect. A HSC course is valid for *five* years, regardless of how you accumulate(repeating, pathways, acceleration or matriculation)
EnterNameHere said:
awww...I feel all warm and fuzzy :p

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
lol i wasnt sure about the 3 years as well...i was hoping someone would correct me :p

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
anti-mathmite said:
After 5 years, and yes i realise, but seeing as i hope and pray that my 10 units will be somewhat better than my year 10 results, i assume that those units will get knocked off into oblivian.
The may not be used but, even so they are still valid to count towards your UAI

HSC
jellybean007 said:

i have minor fatigue from an injurywhich stops me from concetrating over 3-4hrs straight, bruising occured 4 years ago on the frontal lobe

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Someone at my school was doing pathways just because he felt like it. I think points should be taken away from those people because its much more difficult doing it in 1 year and so I would think doing it over 2 years would get you better marks.

But for people who have genuine reasons marks should not be taken away.

HSC
don't really think so, while you are 1st year into uni, he has to deal with hsc x2, we get it 'over and done with' so to speak, the disadvantages should rule out alot of people who feel like doing it for shits and giggles

jellybean007

HSC
N/A
Casmira said:
don't really think so, while you are 1st year into uni, he has to deal with hsc x2, we get it 'over and done with' so to speak, the disadvantages should rule out alot of people who feel like doing it for shits and giggles

oh god yes. It really sux having teachers say "NO, you can't wear this can't wear that... you have to stay at school even though you don't have classes right now... blah blah..." when all your mates are off at uni...
Tell me I have a problem with authority - but I've conformed for 13 years. I'm 18 now. I've put up with that for too bloody long. They're lucky I'm even there. Let me frickin wear white Cons.

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
Someone at my school was doing pathways just because he felt like it. I think points should be taken away from those people because its much more difficult doing it in 1 year and so I would think doing it over 2 years would get you better marks.

But for people who have genuine reasons marks should not be taken away.
Ok fair point, but how exactly would u police such a thing?

Mandy101

HSC
A girl at our school did Pathways last year and the year before... she got 99.95 So I think you'll be right!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)