Do You Regard SDD as difficult? (1 Viewer)

Rabz_17

At first i thought it was hard. But as others have said, u just gotta keep workin at it. And i did, mainly cos i enjoyed it.

Got 75% in CSO trial

neuro_logik

HSC
I'm sitting on 80% raw internal, and in the CSSA trial I got 59%, but then again my teacher marks pretty hard and asks for a higher standard.

L_RES88

HSC
N/A
Shing just tell them the truth u dropped it cause ryan is killing it and i am a distant 2nd.

aaaman

Banned
HSC
SDD is very easy 2 me...

I think this course is very easy if you have a good teacher and use your resources very well, i have 3 text books that cover the topic very well and also the course is very brief and doesnt need much revising unlike legal studies where u gotta nothing EVERYTHING IN DETAIL =/

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
bunny04 said:
how many people actually do well in this course, its pretty new, and i have heard it is rare, for a mark over 55% in HSC...
Oh and just say your getting 80-95% in assessment marks, cause your teacher has no idea what he/she is doing, and you get a 30% in the HSC, what would your mark come down to?
I hope thats true about the teachers being too kind on giving away marks.
I've been coming 1st in ALL assessment tasks.. (except maybe for trials coz we havent got the results back) yet I'm leading the class with only a mark of 68%.
Compare that to my maths class where I'm coming 5th with 93%
EDIT: I just realised to do Software Engineering in uni requires you to do some science course which in turn assumes that students have done 3 unit maths for their HSC.. I dropped down to 2 unit it at the start of the year :'(

Last edited:

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
LOL Guys, don't stress at all- those posts that i posted.. whoa Last year are total Crap- I did reasonably well in SDD for the actual Exam- my school rank and internal ass. pulled me down. .But
i gained a good mark for what we did in class.. not having a teacher.. so
seriously , don't freak about this subject TRUST ME

psychiclobster

HSC
meh, Ive got a good teacher, & she isnt the reason for my decent SDD marks. to go well in this subject, you really need interest in it. In my prelim course, my teacher was crap (right casmira?? kirkpatrick rofl) & i was getting crap 50%ish marks. Now in my HSC course, im gettin good marks on theory. And if i get a crap HSC mark, who cares? Ive learnt a hellovalot anyway.

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
Well it is pretty important to have a good teacher in this course- that is if you're aiming for a top mark in the subject 95 + , to teach you basics, to help you through algorithms etc.. but yeah.. You all learn alot so its good ^.^

Ghost1788

HSC
the good thing about SDD is that the process used to solve problems is exactly the same as the process used in the engineering industry. so you kinda get a feel of what its like to be an engineer(if you follow the processes)..

Back on topic SDD isnt hard just long and tedious...did i mention long and tedious

carpediem

HSC
SDD ain't that hard you just have to have a passion for it. IMO if there a teacher that knows jack about the subject there shouldn't even be SDD in that school.

aaaman

Banned
HSC
carpediem said:
SDD ain't that hard you just have to have a passion for it. IMO if there a teacher that knows jack about the subject there shouldn't even be SDD in that school.
agreed indeed

Shael

HSC
I'm doing SDD distant ed. and I have been getting around 85% for most assessments for year 11 and 12, and I barely did any study. But that bit me on the butt in the half yearly where I got like 57%. I think I just went lazy for the first half of yr12 and thats what resulted. I havent had a test since, but Im waiting on what I got for my Major Project, hopefully its high 80's or just in the 90's. Which is also what I'd like to get in trials and HSC. The course isnt hard, you just need to understand the concepts and terminology.

AreYouAlright?

Actuarial Co-op 2006
HSC
I was ranked 1st in SDD but i dropped it basically because in my opinion it was a very demanding course that just didn't scale well enough compared to what it demanded of the candidates. A band six in software design requires a lot of programming knowledge which to some people is very hard, and it is just not rewarding enough in terms of UAI, when i modelled of SAM anyway.

mun_

HSC
i think sdd is hard, its my hardest subject for sure, but if you put in the time and effort and grasp the concepts behind everything it becomes quite simple
whereas 4u maths is always hard

HSC
you know what, I reckon SDD is just hard D: IF i made previous post saying otherwise i was bullshitting you, they launch ball buster HSC questions, knowing the course doesn't help, you must understand it, wish my luck tommorow in trial exam :(

PiGMAN

HSC
It's not hard at all. Read the textbook the day before the hsc = 90 +

Well, maybe not quite.... but how could they boost its scaling? You can make it your personal vendetta to stop stupid people taking SDD under the misconception that "computer based subjects are fully easy bro", then we may see scaling improve.

HSC
PiGMAN said:
It's not hard at all. Read the textbook the day before the hsc = 90 +
are you speaking from personal experience? Im talking to people who got over 90 (not just you acmilan) and they tell me this essentially

I studied the entire course and did lots of past papers

PiGMAN

HSC
i am actually.. i did it last year and got 93

I suppose it helped that programming is a hobby of mine anyway. I too studied the whole course (ie textbook) and did probably 3 past papers.

HSC
dont forget to leave that little part out, because alot of people assume sit down with a cigar and coffee reading sam davis will score then 93

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)