Do you see yourself getting married? (1 Viewer)

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
Im not asking this as a judge of your abilities to predict the future or anything, Im basically asking if you believe in the idea of marriage or not and whether you would get married or not inspite of or because of this belief.

I personally am very indifferent towards marriage. I think it is more of a religious than a legal or personal bond, so Id be just as happy with a de facto relationship. If my partner was very keen on marriage, Id oblige as long it the wedding ceremony is not in a church.

EDIT: I just realised the hypocrisy of seeing marriage as a religious bond but denying a religious wedding ceremony. Ah well.

Last edited:
HSC
I wouldn't mind the experience of a wedding/marriage, but I too wouldnt want to get married in a church, but I also wouldnt want one of those low-key civil marriages.

eshi

shy
HSC
Nope...I don't believe in marriage. As a gurl I think it's a bit odd...you know, getting wrapped up like a present and being 'given away.' First you are ur Father's property and then he gets to give you away?! Anyway, just my 2c I think that it's more to do with sharing assets legally, (how un-romantic of me!) if you love someone I think you know it anyway...without a kind of contract to confirm it. That being said...in some ways it is romantic, dedicating your life to another person....but I think that's a bit un-natural as well. Anyway....just my opinion, and my folks have been married for 32years so no influence there. :)

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
Grobus said:
Im not asking this as a judge of your abilities to predict the future or anything, Im basically asking if you believe in the idea of marriage or not and whether you would get married or not inspite of or because of this belief.

I personally am very indifferent towards marriage. I think it is more of a religious than a legal or personal bond, so Id be just as happy with a de facto relationship. If my partner was very keen on marriage, Id oblige as long it the wedding ceremony is not in a church.
Yes I do see myself getting married eventually if I find someone that I want to/can see myself spending the rest of my life with, though I'm not in any rush.

Last edited:

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
i can see my self getting married. getting given away is a bit of an old thing. I might just want my aisle (church or garden) to my ownsome. + mum wants to give me away cos she doesnt want dad too. (ahh the joys of divorce)

pinkblinkbarbie

seduce me
HSC
i can definently see myslef getting married. and i dream of the day.
i wont be getting married in a church though, id really like a garden wedding, or on a reserve near a lake/river/beach. al i want is a beautiful wedding, *sigh* im so pathetic lol

PookieMonster

Got bored & left 30/01/05
HSC
i was always against marriage, because i used to think there wouldnt be anybody that wouldnt annoy me after a while. and marriage indirectly results in children and thats crap. but if i was proposed to by dave, i would consider it. but i'd rather live with him first.

J

jhakka

Grobus said:

EDIT: I just realised the hypocrisy of seeing marriage as a religious bond but denying a religious wedding ceremony. Ah well.
Yes. But not until I have work, etc sorted.

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
PookieMonster said:
i was always against marriage, because i used to think there wouldnt be anybody that wouldnt annoy me after a while. and marriage indirectly results in children and thats crap. but if i was proposed to by dave, i would consider it. but i'd rather live with him first.
I think I'd live with someone first too before I married to them

miss_b

still obsessed...
HSC
I don't see myself getting married. I don't see myself finding someone i want to wake up next to every morning for the rest of my life. I do wish i could find someone who i could love for the rest of my life with. With the high level of divorces these days, i can't help but be a little pessimistic. I think that marriage should last forever and if it can't then there should be no marriage at all. :uhhuh:

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
i can see myself getting married someday - when i was younger i told myself i'd be married by 25 :p and i'm turning 20 this year, lol. another thing is, i do eventually want kids and my family'd kill me if i had a baby out of wedlock :|

but sometmes when i think about it i automatically say to myself "2.3 out of 5 marriages end up in divorce"... yes, very cynical :\

HSC
I always thought it sounded like a great idea, but I don't like the religious aspect. Of course you can go about the process without that, but seeing as that's where the foundation comes from it doesn't seem to leave much behind once that's gone. So yeah, don't really know, we'll wait and see I guess.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
I'd like to get married, eventually. Not thinking about it for a while though, there's no rush.

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
maybe. probly not.
i think that marriages are a a waste of moeny. but they are fun to go to, especially the receptions. free alcohol.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
i hope i talk like that in a few years :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)