• NO

Votes: 21 23.9%
  • Half-Half

Votes: 32 36.4%

• Total voters

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Just curious... i've heard so many people complain about the difficult of their course will all these exams and assignments Uni's already handed out.

So do you still like Uni? Is it your type... besides from social scene.

Is your course the right thing for you? Who's thinking of deferring or changing...

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I don't like it. They don't tell us anything. They don't give a shit about us. There are too many people in my tutorials for them to be constructive. The tutors are unnaproachable. I don't feel like I'm learning anything and I have a pile of stupid assignments. I'm paying an absolute fortune to be here in Sydney to go to uni and so far it is shite.

Panda Bear

arab chicks? :|
HSC
don't give up now ash...

its true lecturers don't give a shit..

but it would depend on what course you do.

I do science course and they are particularly attentive coz they have a passion for thier subject which isn't bad.

but we have a stats lecturer.. let's just say he's a f*cking moron. can't blame it all on him though.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yeah i like it, but i voted half half. just because there are so many assignments,and so much homework. i would say the lecturers are approachable and friendly, they go through the work quickly yet it can be understood (realise it's my 6th day or so, it will get harder). i don't like the fact i have to put HOURS in at home, and i don't like the lack of stability - not seeing the same friends everyday.

but to everyone - you have to take time to get used to it. we all have a mental vision of what it will be like, sometimes it's like that,s ometimes it's not. if it's not,keep at it

Last edited:

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
someone yesterday told me something pretty interesting
first year students realise how fucked uni is and how much self-learning you have to do, esp compared to high school. and they whinge and whine a lot about the workload

second year students realise that they don't give a fuck anymore and realise that you only need to pass and that should be enough

third year students are lucky they didn't drop out after second year

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Panda Bear
and the motivation needed is tremendous
i agree. it's so tempting to not go at all, especially if i'm tired but i know i have to. and then when i get home i have to do work. i don;t mind that they aren't always on our back for homwork though, i prefer to do it myself, as long as i have someone to contact if i have problems

HSC
i fucking hate it... totally fucking hate it.

but i will stick it out... i recon it will get better

edit: commerce is ok, but law is shit.... so so so fucking shit

Panda Bear

HSC
i dunno who to contact...

im just so lost atm..

i know im going to fail 1 subjecct definitely if i don't pick up my act.

I have got the worst lecturer for this gay subject!

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Originally posted by krayziekarnevil
i fucking hate it... totally fucking hate it.

but i will stick it out... i recon it will get better

edit: commerce is ok, but law is shit.... so so so fucking shit
y is law shit?

HSC
the workload isnt too bad for me

but what i find is that my lecturers and tutors for some of my subjects...are incompetent...its like high school all over again

but im only referring to a select few.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Well I feel like I'm not getting educated. Things are not being explained to me. There are too many people in my tutes. It seems near impossible to get help. It's not what I expected and after busting my ass not only in the HSC, but working to finance this ordeal, I'm not happy.

Panda Bear

HSC
ur being negative ash!

just try to keep your head up, things will change. besides you are only basing all this on 2 weeks of uni. Barely a month into the thing...

Just you know as i said in the other thread.. meet more people and be more open

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I'm still giving the course a chance, this is just my impressions at the moment..... nothing I have encountered so far has made me think that uni is great.

My O week was shit as well.... I thought O week was supposed to be awesome!

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
Originally posted by Rahul
NO!!!
well that made a statement :D

ahh, uni sucks. i am so not motivated right now to do anything. i can't pay attention in my lectures and i'm freaking out just by looking at my course outlines. lol i think our 4month break really got to me o__O;;

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
I voted "YES". I seem to have a completely different view of University to everyone else. My tutors seems to know their stuff and are good at teaching it and open to questions. I expected the workload to be pretty big, so I readied myself for it and am coping pretty well. There is more reading expected in my subjects than I expected though, however I like the subjects I am doing, which is keeping me motivated. I also like having the freedom of coming and going whenever i want, and although you said not to factor the social side into it, I thought I would just mention that I think it is great:D.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Merethrond
I voted "YES". I seem to have a completely different view of University to everyone else. My tutors seems to know their stuff and are good at teaching it and open to questions. I expected the workload to be pretty big, so I readied myself for it and am coping pretty well. There is more reading expected in my subjects than I expected though, however I like the subjects I am doing, which is keeping me motivated. I also like having the freedom of coming and going whenever i want, and although you said not to factor the social side into it, I thought I would just mention that I think it is great:D.
it must be something about newcastle, coz i feel the same way!!

i dont really like lectures (apart from psych) but i love my tutes and labs, the lecturers are great (apart from hugh dunstan, my bio lecturer at the moment..he knows hes shit, but he speaks really fast and is really boring)
yeah, the workload can be a little much, coming from doing nothing for 3.5 months, but i expected that
uni rocks!! (and thats ignoring the social scene)

first year has the highest drop out rate, for many of the reasons other people have mentioned here...just stick it out and think about the end product, not the short term loss.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)