Do you support the Government's upgrade of Australia's broadband infrastructure (1 Viewer)

Do you support the upgrade of Australia's Broadband Internet Infrastructure

• Total voters

writer'sblock

HSC
I'm sitting here slightly bemused, i was under the misapprehension that there were predicitons on the 7:30 report and Lateline Business during the sale of Telstra were that the fine print was rushed and would pose issues in the future for the nation and shareholders. I specifically remember the second sale, where an analyst from Babcock and Brown Holdings critiqued it. meh, 20/20 hindsight is anachronistic, but there were thoughts at the time which were, evidently, correct.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
How is it a communist attribute? by that same thought process you could state because the government owns Australia Post, and had left the market to service our mail that every government since 1901 has been communist. substanicate you claims - how is it communist? it's a company, therefore it would be closer to social democracy because it is working in the capitalist system and it will be sold off in 13 years therefore it could be state that it is really just the creation of another company in the market economy, buthte governemnt is allowing economies of scale to develop over the 5 years of opperation.
You're an idiot.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Another step towards communism.
Govt. controlling everything.
Who's been painting my ncap red?

WHOOOO'S BEEN PAINTING MY ENNCAP RED?
Who dares to taint with vulgar paint
The ROYAL IRON BED .

for PAINTING MY NCAP REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED
someone will lose his cred

(rep, guys, rep)

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
hahaha chindonesia
that's a keeper fren

but seriously, we need more submarines, not vulnerable and expensive surface boats. We need a focused defence force if we are to retain middle-power status in the looming Asian century...

slickstar_01

Banned
HSC
hahaha chindonesia
that's a keeper fren

but seriously, we need more submarines, not vulnerable and expensive surface boats. We need a focused defence force if we are to retain middle-power status in the looming Asian century...
lol the problem is not hardware. we have 6 subs and only 3 are in use. why? because we haven't got qualified military personals and recruits to run the other 3.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
lol the problem is not hardware. we have 6 subs and only 3 are in use. why? because we haven't got qualified military personals and recruits to run the other 3.
I think that uncle would be a pretty good recruit....the old lad is pretty experienced.

mrcalkin

Banned
HSC
waste of the money, dw it wont pass senate, and i cant see private sector getting all the required cash. Its not really worth spending 43billion for 20k~ jobs.

writer'sblock

HSC
All the different price predictions say is that there is no idea what the cost and take up will be and that there are so many variables that there is such a spread in the predictions.

writer'sblock

HSC
So, therefore, after it has been paid off it would only be $30/month; that isn't a bad payment.
so, if $43bn is to be paid off by 8 million households (there are more) and another 8 million business places (there are more, but not all will need it) there will be $2687.50 to pay it off; if this were to happen in the proposed 5 year period that would be $537.50 per party; that comes to $44.80 per month. That under cuts most current retail prices.
They might be ably to get a 7.5%per annum on their investment then if they maintain that price.

Obviously is this estimate is not inculding the cost of loan debts, but it is not disclosed if the $43bn already includes the debt repayments. It wouldn't make it anything more than $50 per month for a year.

pick it apart if you want, criticise, or whatever but this appears to be rational and there appears to be no unforeseen rationale for a $200+ payment per month.

jtyler

HSC
that comes to $44.80 per month.

Do the sums again.

THat's that comes to $44.80 per month.

Per person

PROFIT.

This doesn't include bandwidth fees and the costs of being a T2/T1 ISP.

EDIT: Bandwidth in Australia is FUCKING EXPENSIVE.
Uh... yeah... I like the part where you're basing the future cost of bandwidth (on a FTTH network) on the cost of bandwidth on the present (not even FTTN) network...

writer'sblock

HSC
after the 5 years of $44.80 per month the rest would be pure profit in time for the hand over to commerical interests.

writer'sblock

HSC
I don't think the opposition has the political capital to not agree to the project, unless it is an improvement i.e. making it more expensive. The only way their politicking could do that is if they used the Japanese 160mp/s upgrade for comparison.

writer'sblock

HSC
I'm not a member of young labor, fortunately, though I do realise administration and maintenance will be an additional cost, it would be small because the thing as just been built, there wouldn't be a need to repair something just made, that also reduces admin costs with no related papershuffling for the initial period.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)