Do you support the use of Torture ? (1 Viewer)

mdnofxtc

HSC
yeah but only if theyve killed innocent people and theres sufficent proof. but no if its to try and get a confession out of a possible innocent person/ manipulate them into confession for god knows what reason.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
cbf reading other responses, but nah.

People will say anything under duress, either incriminating themselves despite having no involvement or incriminating other innocent people.

TBH, if you can't get reliable information from them by conventional interrogation techniques, I doubt you'll get reliable information by putting bamboo shoots under their fingernails.

boris

Banned
HSC
yeah but only if theyve killed innocent people and theres sufficent proof. but no if its to try and get a confession out of a possible innocent person/ manipulate them into confession for god knows what reason.
why would we torture someone if we had sufficient proof that they were guilty?

We should still randomly torture Japanese.

We're nowhere near even

i have been saying this for so long

Japs are a disgusting people and i celebrate the 6th of August every year by toasting the deaths of 140000 dirty japs at the hands of enola gay

THE BANKA ISLAND MASSACRE (1942)

Sure shooting 20 nurses in the back is a pretty reasonable and forgivable thing to do.

Murder and Cannibalism on Pacific Islands

Murder and cannibalism on the Kokoda Track

Do you eat prisoners often you dirty japs

Fuck i love COD5

pman

Banned
HSC
torture in any form, psychological or emotional is unacceptable. the destruction of the human body or mind, which is what torture is, is never the solution.

random-1005

Banned
HSC
Do you support the use of Torture against terrorists and other criminals?

why not?

why should we just give them the death penalty?

thats too quick a death, i say we make an example out of them

either they kill themselves, or they suffer a slow, painfull death from us

pman

Banned
HSC
why not?

why should we just give them the death penalty?

thats too quick a death, i say we make an example out of them

either they kill themselves, or they suffer a slow, painfull death from us
Because torture is a breach of basic human rights, also, in this country, we do not have the death penalty

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Because torture is a breach of basic human rights, also, in this country, we do not have the death penalty
So is murder. An eye for an eye.
And the lack of a death penalty is an irrelevant argument. Just because a majority of Australians don't like something doesn't mean it shouldn't be brought in. Majority of Australians didn't like WorkChoices either.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
So is murder. An eye for an eye.
And the lack of a death penalty is an irrelevant argument. Just because a majority of Australians don't like something doesn't mean it shouldn't be brought in. Majority of Australians didn't like WorkChoices either.
Death penalty:
1. Is more expensive than life imprisonment.
2. Can have innocent people executed.
3. Hasn't been shown to offer any significant deterrant.
4. Doesn't lend itself to rehabilitation (obviously).

Retributive justice ftl.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Death penalty:

Retributive justice ftl.
Which is why I don't actually support it. I do, however, support punitive torture.

CIV1501

Banned
HSC
Death penalty:

Retributive justice ftl.
Not in indonesia.

Firing squads ftw.

Costs like $1 a bullet.

random-1005

Banned
HSC
Death penalty:

Retributive justice ftl.

When is it ever?, it costs alot more to maintain jails, and provide food to continue their worthless existance.

"hasnt been shown to offer deterrent" - so you just want them to blow you up?

"doesnt lend to rehab" - these terrorist motherfukers never show any regret whatsoever

"can have innocent people executed"- thats what everyone says

so the nxt time osamas planning a attack ill them him to come for you, because it looks like you dnt give a crap about your own life.

just let all these suicidal bombers roam the street, is that what you want?

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
"can have innocent people executed"- thats what everyone says

so the nxt time osamas planning a attack ill them him to come for you, because it looks like you dnt give a crap about your own life.

just let all these suicidal bombers roam the street, is that what you want?
1.) If that's what "everyone says", maybe you should bloody well listen to it.

2.) I think what he was saying didn't make it seem as though "he didn't give a crap about" his life, rather he gave a crap about LIFE.

3.) Your saying we should give the death penalty... to suicide bombers? Ok, sure. That's fine.

random-1005

Banned
HSC
1.) If that's what "everyone says", maybe you should bloody well listen to it.
2.) I think what he was saying didn't make it seem as though "he didn't give a crap about" his life, rather he gave a crap about LIFE.

3.) Your saying we should give the death penalty... to suicide bombers? Ok, sure. That's fine.
1. People only say that because they have a deficit of balls- what are the chances of these people being innocent?, they mock us in jail, they openly admit to their deeds

2. no, to everyone associated with terrorism

Last edited:

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
1. People only say that because they have a deficit of balls- what are the chances of these people being innocent?, they mock us in jail, they openly admit to their deeds

2. no, to everyone associated with terrorism
1.) Even if they have done it and even if they deserve death, what gives us the right to kill them? I don't think anyone has the right to kill anyone. This includes, to me, the Government.

2.) Terrorism is a very broad concept; you're just talking about Muslims, aren't you?

Aussie1001

HSC
Torture has in the past proved usefull however for a number of reasons can be inneffictive:
1. There is always the possibility of getting the wrong guy, in this situation no information will be obtained.
2. If the person being tortured does not know the anwers to the questions often they will just say wrong answers to stop the pain, again from an impartial view this too does not yield any information.
3. If said religious extremeists are being interrogated then it is highly unlikely that they will yeild any information anyway becuase they have been so conditioned that often they will not react to tortuer. Again no usful information is obtained.
Of course torture can be an effective tool and no doubt it is used. It would be foolish to think that it does not happen all the time by respective countires secret intelligince service on a regular basis. In conclusion i would say that in the right circumstances it can be used, often however i would imagine truth drugs would be a far better alternative they are faster and easier than torture.
cheers
~Aussie

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
3. If said religious extremeists are being interrogated then it is highly unlikely that they will yeild any information anyway becuase they have been so conditioned that often they will not react to tortuer. Again no usful information is obtained.
You'd be suprised.
For the vast majority of humans, it doesn't matter how much they love their god, they hate pain more. You will find one or two whose neural wiring and pain-tolerance levels are naturally different, but for the rest it simply a biological imperative to avoid pain and survive. Biology will always trump willpower.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)