Do you tell people to STFU during lectures? (1 Viewer)

X

xeuyrawp

I'm a shush-Nazi. I either shush or tell them to go outside. *shrugs*

fatmuscle

HSC
in 1st yr i remember a dyke coming up to some group near me and fully went off at them.

"I'm trying to listen to the lecture, so shut up or get out!!!"

but that's kinda ineffective to a bunch of asians sitting at the back of a large lecture hall.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
It happened in psych cos this girl just went mad and hissed like a rattlesnake at this bunch of guys in the first row. They looked scared to death LOL

I usually want to say something but end up settling for a loud sigh and turning my head to death stare or something :eek:

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
I go "shhhhhhh" and so do a lot of other people.

One time during bio, some lady sitting at the front went off at a bunch of guys for chatting and playing with a laser pointer. She was like "Grow up! You're not in high school anymore!"

X

xeuyrawp

fatmuscle said:
in 1st yr i remember a dyke coming up to some group near me and fully went off at them.

"I'm trying to listen to the lecture, so shut up or get out!!!"

but that's kinda ineffective to a bunch of asians sitting at the back of a large lecture hall.
It's effective when I yell at someone in the library. Although I generally add an expletive in there somewhere, abuse is so universal. :p

frootloop

HSC
Sarah168 said:
I usually want to say something but end up settling for a loud sigh and turning my head to death stare or something :eek:
Same. I just can't bring myself to tell them off. I'm thinking "STFU!" in my head but to actually say it... I just can't do it.

turtleface

HSC
Don't you hate it when you have dickheads not only talking their arses off, but not even having any lecture notes or not making any attempt to listen to the lecturer, and even reading the newspaper. I mean...why come? Wastes everyone's time.

Some people are just odd.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
turtleface said:
Don't you hate it when you have dickheads not only talking their arses off, but not even having any lecture notes or not making any attempt to listen to the lecturer, and even reading the newspaper. I mean...why come? Wastes everyone's time.

a person reading a paper is not wasting your time, youre the one easily distracted enough to blame it on someone quietly reading and minding their business

fair enough they are not paying attention to the lecture, but theyre not being disruptive- youre just taking it out on them cause i cant stand listening to the lecturer either

X

xeuyrawp

turtleface said:

I frequently do the crosswords or sudoku while I'm in units which can be multitasked in like law or Egyptian history. But you need to cut the page out, otherwise it's too loud and unmanageable with your notes.

Personally, I think ill-prepared and generally poor lecturers waste everyone's time. I don't see why it's bad to capitalise on my time... Sitting for 2 hours to only get about 10 minutes of important info is a waste of my time.

turtleface

HSC
well I was referring to those talking and reading the paper, but now that you mention reading the newspaper, or doing crosswords in isolation, that too in my opinion is foolish.

Can't you do that at home or in the library or at the Cafe? What is the need to come to lectures and take up physical and breathing space in order to read newspapers. It defies logic.

Also, If the lecturers are so bad that they waste your time, why would you come?

frequently do the crosswords or sudoku while I'm in units which can be multitasked in like law or Egyptian history. But you need to cut the page out, otherwise it's too loud and unmanageable with your notes.
I can't multitask, but fair point if you can.

Last edited:
X

xeuyrawp

My problem last semester was that I went to three subjects worth of pointless lectures. Every lecture, there was literally only about 5-10 minutes worth of important information. If I listened to them at home, I'd usually get distracted by MSN or something, so I sat in on the lecture and took in medial stuff to do...

But I never distract people, I must agree with you there in that it's a sin.

dddman

Banned
HSC
i tell them to shut up aggressively, im up for a fight there

volition

arr.
HSC
Actually I remember at uni last thursday, I was in a lecture with 300-400 people in it, and one girl actually screamed out "GUYS SHUT UP!". What a toss.

Anonymou5

HSC
N/A
I've never told anyone to shut up while I've been in a lecture. However, it does get very annoying when I'm at an important lecture and people just keep on talking. It's like ffs if you want to talk then get out of the lecture theatre, tards.

tlodg

HSC
N/A
I adore those who have the guts to do so. So ppl, please make those who talk so much during lectures feel UNWELCOMED
thanks

turtleface

HSC
doh lame i only just realised STFU meant "shut the fuck up".

i thought it meant "stuff you" or something...

anyway thats a good idea, next time some ass is being an ass, i'm gonna turn around and say that (shut the fuck up i mean)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)