Do you think it is acceptable for..... (1 Viewer)

swoozie

HSC
Do you think it is acceptable for a teacher to expect you to complete an assignment without them making the assessment criteria?

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
I wouldn't characterize it as 'acceptable' as you need to have a clear indication as to the distribution of marks to each section, so you can build an essay on that basis.

It depends on the specificity of the criteria as well, if she is marking you on whether or not you have five media articles (e.g.) and you didn't know that, that's not fair and just.

As if they wouldn't give you the marking criteria, sigh!

swoozie

HSC
Yeh he even said he was lazy so he didnt do it. i thought it was out of 20 but it was out of 50. it actually helps a lot when you are striving to do your very best because you dont know where the marks are concentrated. So frustrating

classicjimbo

HSC
N/A
you don't get marking criteria in 90% of uni assessments
learn to deal with it and develop your own common sense

swoozie

HSC
^ thats not the point, in uni most people dont get the marking criteria but in senior school EVERYONE does

classicjimbo

HSC
N/A
lol
so you wouldn't know the distribution of marks at all?
we were given the question and weighting that assessment had on our interal mark
nobody saw the marking criteria until it was handed back to us with the marks on it

giving you the full assessment criteria is just the worst kind of spoon feeding

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
From your school's standpoint though, if noone has the marking criteria it is all equal, so it isn't causing an assessment mark inequity.

Focus is Key

HSC
In the junior years, they often didn't provide any assessment marking criteria and we had to deal with it.

swoozie

HSC
i can understand what people are saying but at my school we always got the marking criteria and the only reason we did not get it was because my teacher was too lazy to create one.way And its not like my school is one of the top schools anyway

Tasteless

HSC
you don't get marking criteria in 90% of uni assessments
learn to deal with it and develop your own common sense
depends on faculty/uni I guess
But I've never ever had a uni assessment without a marking rubric.

I would most definitely say it's unacceptable, especially on the basis of sheer laziness.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)