Do you think the Pope should have a say on homosexuality when he is celibate? (1 Viewer)

Together

HSC
Hm sure he does have a say. everybody does :) but its really our own choice to listen. uve got a good point. i dont listen to the pope and im catholic. i think because he is a 'pope' people are obliged to listen to him. i personally think not. Screw high status people... ur right. its like listening to a virgin on how to preform a perfect sex move... sorry bad example. cant think of any atm.

Tangent

HSC
The pope has the duty to embody catholism. He is a figurehead, a powerful one at that. He holds sway over a lot of people. He has to give a bad wrap on homosexuality because it is how catholics and the bible portray homosexuality. Though i dont doubt this is also his view, he would have no choice anyway.

Its also like asking 'should heterosexuals, or those who know nothing, or very little about homosexuality, have a say about homosexuality?' They all may have their say, whether or not it is very credible is another thing. Experiencially, both the pope and heterosexual people are very lacking. That is not to say that heterosexual people, nor popes, cannot have a very untainted view of homosexuality, and are able to empathise and understand. Though many still are clouded (and the pope is a hopeless case).

Tangent

HSC
only in 3rd world countries. Everywhere else... there's mastercard.
+1 when i can rep u again. hehehe
its true, u only matter if you have money, or in a country that has money (and knows how to use it to protect their citizens)

Last edited:

rokkuguhyo

HSC
I think it's ironic how the Pope condemns homosexuality, but when one of his priests commits child molestation, he doesn't say or do a thing about it. Who knows how many more pedophiles he may be protecting?
Homosexuality shouldn't even be an issue, regardless of whether or not he is celibate.

Last edited:

pman

Banned
HSC
by saying that a celibate person cannot comment on homosexuality, are we not also in turn saying that a heterosexual person cannot comment on homosexuality?

Together

HSC
by saying that a celibate person cannot comment on homosexuality, are we not also in turn saying that a heterosexual person cannot comment on homosexuality?
its not a matter of them not saying it. He is entitled to swing peoples views being a religious leader of one of the dominant religions. But its the peoples own choice to follow. Sure they make these depictions of homosexuality based on the bible.. but look at the bible's context. it was written like hundreds of years ago... who noes.. lol wat im saying is... the material inside the bible wont always match with our current context. some issues like lying will always be put forward. But... stoning people to death and stuff like that... it doesnt work. Homosexuality is on an increase of awareness and that its being accepted in society more. I feel sorry for those who are catholic but are homosexual.. having a conflicting relationship with religion. Its not fair for them. Isnt catholics suppose to be just and fair. Where god himself enforces the rules.. not us. we're equal humans, even the pope. (Hypothetically)

pman

Banned
HSC
its not a matter of them not saying it. He is entitled to swing peoples views being a religious leader of one of the dominant religions. But its the peoples own choice to follow. Sure they make these depictions of homosexuality based on the bible.. but look at the bible's context. it was written like hundreds of years ago... who noes.. lol wat im saying is... the material inside the bible wont always match with our current context. some issues like lying will always be put forward. But... stoning people to death and stuff like that... it doesnt work. Homosexuality is on an increase of awareness and that its being accepted in society more. I feel sorry for those who are catholic but are homosexual.. having a conflicting relationship with religion. Its not fair for them. Isnt catholics suppose to be just and fair. Where god himself enforces the rules.. not us. we're equal humans, even the pope. (Hypothetically)
the bible actually states that you shouldn't stone people though

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
I think it's ironic how the Pope condemns homosexuality, but when one of his priests commits child molestation, he doesn't say or do a thing about it. Who knows how many more pedophiles he may be protecting?
Homosexuality shouldn't even be an issue, regardless of whether or not he is celibate.
He's blaming the child molestations on gay priests.
Absolutely ridiculous.

It's all fine and dandy to be anti-gay, but confusing and deliberately linking homosexuality and pedophilia is just wrong. Especially considering most pedophiles are straight.

Story of my life :wave:

Together

HSC
it does... Jesus said "He who is without sin may cast the first stone"
yeh im not saying that the bible says u should stone people. im just saying the themes within the bible which was discussed arent as relevent as it would be back then. ^^ But im glad all of you's are getting my point. Thanks.:)

rokkuguhyo

HSC
It's all fine and dandy to be anti-gay, but confusing and deliberately linking homosexuality and pedophilia is just wrong. Especially considering most pedophiles are straight.
Oh no, I was just saying that there are more important matters to be dealt with in the church such as pedophilia, and that homosexuality shouldn't even be an issue when there are crimes like this happening.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)