do YOU want to play the TRUMPET? (1 Viewer)

Josephine

HSC
Originally posted by Phanatical
Woodwind instruments aren't my thing, with the whole transposing instrument thing. I like my C's to actually sound like C's, and my A's to sound like A's.
Lol, totally agree with you there, I go crazy even when I listen to baroque pieces that sound a semitone off. Don't really like playing brass all that much... give me keys or strings anyday :p

=Mike B=

HSC
N/A
trumpet geek said:
do YOU want to play the TRUMPET?

No not really... Hmm... Nup not at all :p

Dont you guys get put off by the minute number of jobs available? Im not saying that u shouldnt try because its more than just getting a job but... ?

Why do you like it so much? :confused:

Jazz Man Tim

Cannonball
HSC
=Mike B= said:

Dont you guys get put off by the minute number of jobs available? Im not saying that u shouldnt try because its more than just getting a job but... ?

by minute number of jobs available u mean for music graduates and the like? the unemployment rate is like 40% or something...

why do we like it so much?
I like music, because i find that its the easiest and more fun way of expressing myself. Music is a pure way of expressing ones self, Jazz especially :D

i just have SO much fun in music, playing, composing, arranging, practice, peforming, etc. EVERYTHING its just so much fun. Music means so much to me, its like my life. i honeslty couldn't live without it.

I mean dont' you hear a great piece of music and want to play it? then u play it and u want to peform it, so u practice it, then u want to compose something like it, etc.. its all linked and everything is just as fun as everything else :D

i don't care if i only make enough to get by in Life. at least i will be Having fun and enjoying myself and most importantly EXPRESSING my self in a way that workss for me. I think life is about having fun, and enjoying as much of it as possible. live life to the fullest because thats what your meant to do. Music for me is living life to the fullest :D

demosthenes

Executive Sardine
HSC
=Mike B= said:

Because music makes my ears smile :D

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
Josephine said:
Lol, totally agree with you there, I go crazy even when I listen to baroque pieces that sound a semitone off. Don't really like playing brass all that much... give me keys or strings anyday :p
they sound 'off' because of the clarino playing - the trumpets back then could only play the notes of the natural harmonics. Thats why most baroque trumpet stuff is so high - cos all the notes become closer together the higher you go up those harmonics. Therefore, the lower register isnt quite stable. Hm.. thats ok - you stick to your little stringy and key stuff - no ones forcing u to listen to BRASS music! One day you will go and see the Dvorak symphony no.9 concert, and the entire brass section will be missing... you will realise how empty the orchestra would sound and you will miss the brass very much. Er... my point being... respect every musician in his own field - if everyone wanted to play 1st violin, then there would be no orchestras. (from Schumann's maxims....)

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
Crowie said:
joe can u teach me how 2 play like u
do u teach tenor horn 2 lol
u dont want to play like me - unless you really wana learn how to play out of tune and split every second note u play and not be able to play high. By the way, i charge $50/half hour! Lol! Oh, except with tenor horns i charge $70/half hour!

=Mike B=

HSC
N/A
trumpet geek said:
u dont want to play like me - unless you really wana learn how to play out of tune and split every second note u play and not be able to play high. By the way, i charge $50/half hour! Lol! Oh, except with tenor horns i charge $70/half hour!

Thats rather funny... You started this tread advertising yourself as a Teacher... Now you are saying the above heheheheh...

$70/half hour! w00t!

whitneyfaith

woop whoop whoop
HSC
Ahhh how I'd love to learn trumpet...according to my brass playing music teacher, I have the physicality for it...he sent me home with a trumpet and one of those books for the grades you have in primary school...but I've only played around a few times...every second sound is alot like a dying cow :S

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
whitneyfaith said:
according to my brass playing music teacher, I have the physicality for it
ummm no.. the right physicality for trumpet playing.. no, if you have lips, a tounge and a right hand you have the right "physicality" for trumpet playing... just practise buzzing the mouthpiece until it starts to feel comfortable and do lots of long tones and it will come :)

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
timyates_87 said:
ummm no.. the right physicality for trumpet playing.. no, if you have lips, a tounge and a right hand you have the right "physicality" for trumpet playing... just practise buzzing the mouthpiece until it starts to feel comfortable and do lots of long tones and it will come :)
what about the left hand? For the slides to keep the notes in tune? Also, without the support of ur left hand youl be using way too much mpc pressure.

the most important thing u need to play the trumpet is a BRAIN. The trumpet is not a physical instrument - its 99.99% mental. Many trumpet players dont have brains. I could be one of them...! To play an instrument such as the trumpet is a battle with yourself, and not the instrument. Its all about your mental approach.

Peace

Sparky_marky

HSC
Hey, I wanna learn trumpet! trombone's fun, but big, bulky and awkward, anyone wanna provide me with the instrument, and free tuition? i'll pay in love!

demosthenes

Executive Sardine
HSC
Sparky_marky said:
Hey, I wanna learn trumpet! trombone's fun, but big, bulky and awkward, anyone wanna provide me with the instrument, and free tuition? i'll pay in love!
wowowowowowow
thread revival :D

PS "I'll pay in love"
Does that make you a reverse-prostitute?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)