Do your schools assessment marks suck? (1 Viewer)

Are ur schools top assessment marks worse than other schools cos of harder marking?

• Yes...even the smart ppl often don't get in the 90s or 80s

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Just a bit

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Pretty average

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • No! Our school marks so easy!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

GirlGoneMad

Kitten Kong
HSC
Do your schools assessment marks suck compared to other schools? Ours do.

The teachers mark really hard. The top 10 marks for alot of subjects are mostly in the 70s, often in the 60s and occasionally in the 80s and 90s depending on the subject!!!

Our school is not dumb.

If most of the school got lower marks for their assessment mark compared to all the other schools, but did the same as the other schools in the HSC exams, would they bother much with the assessment marks?

santaslayer

HSC
Assesments marks can never be compared across subjects and/or schools. Think more in terms of how smart/dumb your school is compared to the state i guess. :)

Winston

HSC
Don't worry it's more of an advantage, it really pushes you guys to reach that 90% level, and when you have, since they're so harsh in marking, you'll do even better in the HSC. Because i'm taking that they're marking harder than they would in the HSC... not that the markers don't mark hard in the HSC but probably not to the degree your school would. Don't worry it doesn't LOOK nice the marks however in the end it will balance out and be paid off for sure.

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
my 4unit tests are so freakn easy.. it kinda annoys me..

if they were harder the distinction between the top and bottom ppl would be bigger... which is bettr =]

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by truly-in-bliss
i went to 2 skools, one comprehensive and one selective, and the marking criteria is clearli different....
Comprehensive?......as in normal school?

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
when i wen to school way back last year our teacher always said they marked like the hsc and my raw marks in the trial hsc were +- 2 compared to hsc so i guess they were pritty fair

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Originally posted by santaslayer
Comprehensive?......as in normal school?

comprehensive is a govt school which is unselective

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)