Doctors and shiz (1 Viewer)

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
okay

say hypothetically you were to go to the doctor or dentist or chiropractor or some other medico and they, for example, found out in the course of doing other shit something up with your health, like they noticed the big bump and baby inside my belly (nb. this is hypothetical!!!! i am not, nor is anyone i know, pregnant!!)
is there some kind of code of conduct? like, they cant blurt it out to your parents or anything (cause im sure if you were preggers and wanted to hide it, you wouldn't be too stoked if they told anyone), even if they think its in your best interest if they told your parents or something??

juuuuust curious
note. i am not pregnant :) haha

:santa:

HSC
N/A
From what I know, they're legally bound to keep everything confidential unless they worry that you are at risk of harming yourself (eg are suicidal). Even then, I think that if you show that you're very open to treatment/will come in for regular checkups, you'll be ok :)

So that aside, everything is cool and covered by the law :)

Skeeta

HSC
i think if you are under 16 it might be different but i'm 100% positive if you are over this age, you are considered an adult and they are not allowed to tell anyone anything :uhhuh:

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
cool cool thanks.
what if they like thought you were harming yourself like they saw huge million of gashes in your arms. and you were like lolz im okaaaay

Skeeta

HSC
they might refer you to a councellor/psychologist but i dont think they can get one to ring you up at home and say "hey buddy how is that self mutilation going?"

i know that one time that they can break the confidentiality is if you have children and they believe that there is abuse taking place - i dont know if its the same and they think you are abusing yourself?

edit: i know that i had a lump in my breast a few years ago and the doctors thought it might have been cancer. i'd obviously told my parents but the doctors were like "is it ok to ring you with results at home" or send you reminders about checkups etc. So if its something like that then you're ok

Last edited:

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
your not pregnant?

:(

i shall watch the socceroos naked to inspire my seed

arrested development
HSC
melimoo said:
cool cool thanks.
what if they like thought you were harming yourself like they saw huge million of gashes in your arms. and you were like lolz im okaaaay
I'm pretty sure that if they think there's a risk that the patient might harm themself or others they're supposed to tell someone, otherwise it's confidential. I remember that's what I was told in hospital, anyway... however I was underage, so I don't know if that'd apply to adults. :confused:

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
absolution* said:
your not pregnant?

:(

i shall watch the socceroos naked to inspire my seed
well i didn't want everyone to knoooow
gah
spawn of satan...errr...i mean jonathan, here we come. watch out world.
i mean if solitaire awesomeness is a dominant allele and you're homozygous,

ALL OUR CHILDREN WILL BE SOLITAIRE GREATS.

woopdedoop

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
it depends on like how bad it is.. if u are 38 weeks pregs and u can tell and we would be worried...
each state has its own laws regarding medical age of consent.. NSW its 14... everywhere else is higher (16-18)..

basically unless they think ure harming urself..or have another problem.. they will send u for referral..

the thing i think of it an oral tumour.. that isnt obvious to the patient.. the dentist may refer them to a GP to get it biopsied...

noone needs to be told... UNLESS u make a completely irrational decision due to mental impairment..... then guardians get appointed..

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Just say you have a really norty cat.

Why will teh doc see your arms meli? cant you wear long sleeves or sweatbands?

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
mr_brightside said:
Just say you have a really norty cat.

Why will teh doc see your arms meli? cant you wear long sleeves or sweatbands?
haha its not my arms!! and im allergic to cats :eek:

oh

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
what has always annoyed me, is when i was younger and had to go the doctor (say,a round 16) my mum used to take me to the doctor and just invite herself in to the consultation, so if they asked me anything i didnt want her to know, eg, the pill, i would just lie about it cos i didnt know how to say "mum...please go away".

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
i know people whos doctors have spoken about them to parents well over the age over 16 ---like 40

sleepplease

HSC
legally in nsw if you are 14 they cannot tell your parents without your permission unless they think you are suicidal/being abused/a threat to another person's safety.

i got emergency contraception for a mate when i was 14 (pretending it was for me) and the dr said taht he couldnt tell my parents without permission.

So what ever it is, im sure you're sweet :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)