Doctors fail basic anatomy (1 Viewer)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I'm amused at the high school student telling us med students that we are misguided regarding our own course, that which has consumed our lives; and the entry process we all went through (in some cases several times).

Seriously, you know people with amazing ENTERs? ZOMG, good for you! We ALL know people who broke 99.xx that didn't get in, and quite frankly I'm glad most of them didn't. This may surprise you but NOT ALL CLEVAR PEOPLE ARE MEANT TO BE DOCTORERS.

Now that I've had my rant, I will mention that this is not a thread about entry to medicine. The discussion in this thread is to focus on the content ratio of medical courses, particularly to anatomy. Anything else can GTFO, I will delete your posts if I feel it necessary.

funnybunny

funniest bunny in th land
HSC
Lexicographer said:
I'm amused at the high school student telling us med students that we are misguided regarding our own course, that which has consumed our lives; and the entry process we all went through (in some cases several times).
Experience in something does not necessarily mean a greater knowledge in that subject. eg)most interns know more about the latest treatments than the most experienced of GPs

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
funnybunny said:
Experience in something does not necessarily mean a greater knowledge in that subject. eg)most interns know more about the latest treatments than the most experienced of GPs
that's not the same..
firstly.. interns are still training-mode.. and study a whole lot more =) ... tho they are likely to miss some diagnoses vs a GP.. GPs would just refer on :D cos they are the gatekeepers of health..

ironically i can tell u tat some interns are supervised by GPs when they work.... so why would they do that?... =O
if they know less ... interestin..

but this is hardly analogus to our scenerio here...
a more accurate scenerio
is like.. interns discussing the FRACGP program.. vs GPs that have completed it..
the factors are:
-how long ago the GP completed the program...
-how much the GP is involved in the program training..
-wat the intern has researched...
-etc..

lum

HSC
and anyways, those of you that are bitching bout the umat barrier, get a high UAI, and u're practically guaranteed to get into UNSW, as long as ur not a complete retard at the interview.. by high i mean 99.6+, if you can't get that high then bitch bout urself not being smart enough and not gd enuf to do well in umat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)