• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

does any one watch NUMB3RS (1 Viewer)

deebug

in front of a computer screen somewhere * aargh my
HSC
I really LOVE this show..but i haven't heard of any Australian fans...i can'tcompete with the american fans on "numb3rs.org" so i thought i would start a thread here..

Does any one Love Charlie ...(David Krumholtz)

Or Don (Rob morrow) gosh they are gorgeous...

oh..and i have another question...since i am new to forums...where are all the avatars...and how come i cant see any....???

rink

HSC
I loveeeeeeeee that show. It's the only tv show actually worth watching. It's pretty original and interesting. It actually makes me want to do maths!!! Don reminds me of Ed (from the old tv show 'Ed'), he looks so much like him.

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
Numbers is the only show I watch on TV, besides House which is slightly better. It was a concern that it would get repetitive, with the whole 'probabality' thing being used over and over again, but they seem to of done a good job of keeping it creative & original.

The irony of it all is, from experience it is actually the Maths nerds that despise this show, and scoff at its concepts claiming them to be 'eronious' and too 'farfetched'. Haha what a laugh.

deebug

HSC
omg..OMG!! yesSS!!!

NUMB3RS and HOUSE are my two FAVOURITE SHOWS!! i used to hardly watch tv!
What makes them great are the unique twist on the common genres that are the " medical show and " crime" show..it's good to see originality...and i love the actors...David Krumholtz..who plays Charlie is amazing i think he is only 27 years old...and he is one of those actors whom i'm glad isn't that too good looking or swarmed like those from the OC are...besides i think there is something incredibly charmimg about him...

i am so glad there are other people out there who love numb3rs...while there are all those people too busy watching " who wants to be a millionaire" and "greys anatomy"....

i learn something every time i watch it! And i am kicking myself for dropping maths...adn i guess something good can come from a tv show--as i am using one of the episodes as my "Supplementary texts " for Eng ext 1...Crime fiction :D

Enoch

ur a closet enoch-sexual!
HSC
i feel the show is bit of a joke...its really annoying cos the maths is all fake..its impossible to use maths like the way hes doing...the show exaggerates the power of maths...and plus his sample spaces are waaaay too small ie. 5 robbings and also there are waaaay too many variables ..seeing as though human's actions are close to being random...
its a painful show to watch

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
enoch said:
i feel the show is bit of a joke...its really annoying cos the maths is all fake..its impossible to use maths like the way hes doing...the show exaggerates the power of maths...and plus his sample spaces are waaaay too small ie. 5 robbings and also there are waaaay too many variables ..seeing as though human's actions are close to being random...
lol...you are exactly the sort of Maths kid I am talking about...

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
enoch said:
except for the part where these cases are based on reality. human behaviour is far from random

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
i hear ya. we need more supernatural shows about ghosts

HSC
enoch said:

get over yourself dude, your a HSC student, i would think people working on something like that have consultated professionals or have professors working for them to give the show credibility and they would know more about maths then you, and even if its all exagerated, which it probably is, does not mean that you can judge ,from your 2/3/4 unit knowledge, and say its all 'fake'

i dont think the show is bad ive only seen 2 episodes (last night with the sniper, and awhile ago with the breakout of some flu that some doctor spread purposly) i like the main character he is cool and last night episode was good.

Last edited:

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
an interesting show...i do a degree based mainly on statistics and probability so yeh i find it interesting...lol @ enoch...hmm you could be right about the small sample spaces...
Although its not too hard to believe that they probably consult professional actuaries/statisticans and mathematicians because they dont want to lose a small proportion of the audience who understands al the technicalities...

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
I like the show but I'm worried that the ideas will run dry and become repetitive. Still good to watch though.

deebug

HSC
bscienceboi said:
I like the show but I'm worried that the ideas will run dry and become repetitive. Still good to watch though.

yeah i hope that doesn't happen ....although, when they were starting the show, i read somewhere the creators had like ideas for 25 episodes up their sleeve. Shows like CSI and LAO are still on for heaps of episodes--The crime genre is a biggie. In America, numb3rs is up to Season two, so i guess they haven't run out of ideas as yet. ..i guess that if you do watch the show you notice Charlie does use some of the same methods and such as "Probability" I guess the shows are good to watch if you want to watch the Character Develops, but for me the action and crime is just a bonus, i love numb3rs.

numb3rs and house--my definite favourites

welshi

Clearly unemployed again.
HSC
enoch said:
actually every epsiode is based on a real case. of course there are plot holes, crime shows wouldn't work if every episode worked on the same time frame as real police work does. DNA results in an afternoon? perlease.

i love charlie. when did that nerdy little guy from 10 things get hot? and i can't wait til he hooks up properly with amita.

i say i hate maths, but this stuff is fascinating. i love it. it's a disease, i'm addicted.

AppleXY

s00 l33t xD
HSC
Uni Grad
its really annoying cos the maths is all fake..its impossible to use maths like the way hes doing.
98% of the maths used is correct. They use 2-3 math consultants per episode. Numb3rs rox. :p

sorry if i resurrected the thread :p

d3vilz

HSC
Uni Grad
i love Numb3rs. i wish there would be a Numb3rs movie.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)