• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does any1 here like Architecture? (1 Viewer)

MumboJumboNo5

Haha, groovy, you remember me.

Yeah I'm aware of the Major in Urban Planning at USyd's Arch. but the cut-off is just too high for me to begin with. I got 63.8

I don't -think- doing a related course at TAFE will merit when concerning the Town Planning course at UNSW (besides making me look more attractive when transferring to First Year TP UNSW).. but TAFE is definitely one of my options that I'm looking more into.

Considering there's about 1 hour till the end of preference submissions, I'll apply for any university now, and then apply for TAFE course later on.

Thanks for that :)

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
If i do this TAFE diploma, after it finishes will i have to apply thru UAC to get into UNI for the BArch course? what will they take into account? My UAI and that i received a TAFE Diploma? i hope not for UAI because mine wasn't great..

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
good oluck mumbo jumbo ;)

reynaldo: yeah, you do have to apply through UAC but you'd be applying as a mature aged student. they take into account your UAI and your tafe marks too, so obviously you have to do well in tafe and not just stuff around

i think there's a heavier weighting placed on tafe marks though, compared to your uai

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
ahh, mature age student, i see..

well, if it comes down to marks, perhaps the uni course would be a better option?

the guy from UNSW said i would need credits/distinctions in the IT course at UWS to be able to transfer to BArch at UNSW after one year...

however if i also need good TAFE marks for two years to transfer, then, maybe doing IT at UWS would be a better option? do you think so..? its a really hard decision..

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
wait i'm not sure i understand
how come you're doing an IT course if you want to do architecture later... IT does stand for Information Technology, right..?

i'm not too sure about the exact circumstances of when you're allowed to transfer into UTS if you're doign a tafe course, i'll pm you a contact who will be able to tell you.

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
Ok it seems that in both my options (TAFE and IT @ UWS) i have to maintain a high standard (credits/distinctions) in order for them to recognise my application for Arch.

Considering I can transfer after one year of the IT degree, and that i have to wait till July to start TAFE (which goes for 2 years) im leaning more towards IT.

It seems equally hard to get into Arch. via each option so taking the option which takes the least time (IT) i think would be better..

btw Gavin Perin was helpful, thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)