Does anybody actually studying ipt know much about computers (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Lwaxana said:
For the past 2 years my top students were those who didnt do Yr9/10 Computer Studies.

The CS students think they know it all and tend to under achieve while the ones who didnt do CS think they are at a disadvantage and so work harder.

:confused:
Wait.. are u a computing teacher?!

Spider786

Premium Member
HSC
i geuss i am in a better postion then most, i finished my ipt accelerated course last year, and i got a band 6 for it, with the added knowledge of gantt charts, and other models, i can now easily breeze through most of the documentation of SDD.

And yes, i do know a lot about computers

sNiPeR_24

Fo' shizzle
HSC
I bludged yr9 and 10 computer studies and hence got a shit grade for it in the SC.
So I tried much, much harder in IPT since I know I am quite proficient with computers and wanted my HSC to reflect that, and hence ended up with a band 6 :)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I think a consistent approach to working and studying for IPT is required to get a good mark. That's all I really can think of saying.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
The missus speaks the truth.

Syllabus is important, but if you can get some practical application (such as using Photoshop, Flash, excel, etc..) then that definitely adds.

HSC
I always loved ipt, in terms of hsc study I went through the syllabus and wrote out notes and went over every point, that way there's pretty much nothing that can completly throw you off guard *puts on teacher voice* because you know its in the syllabus hehe. Last yr hsc was a prime example of this, in TPS they asked what MICR was, my class had been over it and I remembered what it was yet so many people were having a bitch about it not being mentioned once by their teacher or just having no idea.

middlehendy

HSC
well i do ipt now im in yr 12 i did in yr 9 10 and did basic computer classes yr 1 through 6. i chose computers because im interested in them i started fooling around with computers at a young age at age 12 i put my first computer together.
i know a little about everything with computers
so yes i do ipt and know about computers thats why i did ipt i like computers
i have a laptop and 3 desktops in my room and 5 computers with internet connection in my house

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
yeh, similar to the guy above me (not as many computers in my house tho :p) but I chose both IPT and SDD because I love working with computers, know stuff about them and because I knew I would do reasonably well in the subjects.

o.bi.sess

You feeling lucky, punk?
HSC
IPT is very theoretical (from my POV, anyway). There's a hell of a lot of theory to "memorise" because they're very "textbook" things, like the nature of data and information which you never think about.

The way the course is being taught at my school makes it seem like that what we learn in theory has nothing to do with the "practical" assessments and assignments wer have to do.

Personally, I know jack about programming and the only SDD I've ever done was a brief stint in Visual Basics in Yr 10 (my school didn't offer SDD because of the lack of interest).

IPT always seemed like the "easy" IPT course to me and a subject which anyone who has ever used the Microsoft programs should be able to pass.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I still stand by my, whilst knowing the theory is good, if you can drop a few words of practicality into your HSC responses (eg. when talking about databases, give an example of a program they could use, or an SQL query which would help the scenario), then you'll get a better mark. I'm curious to hear how that guy who beat me in IPT (on BoS) feels regarding this-

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)