• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does anyone actually like screaming lyrics? (1 Viewer)

HSC
phrond]I hate screaming lyrics. I know some really good bands that play some good songs, but then they start screaming and they ruin it. I don't mind the occasional screaming chorus or even a whole song, but every song is a bit much:(.[/QUOTE]

its all i listen to, i love it,its my favourite type of music, its very expressive, sounds awesome and psychs you up :D .. well it does for me

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
Wen it "sounds good" i guess its alrite, like slipknot. Their screaming is pretty good live (Disasterpecies... neone???)

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Merethrond said:
I hate screaming lyrics. I know some really good bands that play some good songs, but then they start screaming and they ruin it. I don't mind the occasional screaming chorus or even a whole song, but every song is a bit much:(.
i hate it when i have a head ache and screaming lyrics come on, but other times i dont mind them,m i guess its the mood your in

HSC
Demandred said:
Well it really depends on how good the vocals are, some good examples would be Zach la Rocha from Rage Against the Machine and Chris Cornell from Audioslave. Anyone heard Havoc go off from AFI?
rage against the machine = yes. davey havok's not bad, but his screaming just sounds like an extension of his singing ie forced and girly.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
what do u think of system of the down? they scream in their songs alot but i still find some of the songs good, ( ps i am not fan of this type of music so this is rare)

HSC
SashatheMan said:
what do u think of system of the down? they scream in their songs alot but i still find some of the songs good, ( ps i am not fan of this type of music so this is rare)
it's system of a down, but eh .. i've never really been into them personally.

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
I Killed The Prom Queen
they are good. like, really good.
well, i say they are.

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
Screaming is good when it works in with the song. If it's just for the hell of it....:rolleyes:

But I loves me some screamed lyrics. :uhhuh:

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
you know i pioneered the "harder, faster, tucker" catch cry at a gig in newy a few years ago. true story

pristine

HSC
"screaming music" just sounds wrong.

but, yes. screaming is good for the mind. so i guess if the artist is trying to convey a sense of satisfaction, then let it be.

i love system though. esp chop suey.

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
i was watching the clip for chop suey a few weeks ago, and i realised my exbf looks somewhat like SOAD's guitarist.
well, to me anyway. like, the eyes and the forehead.

w1ck3d_c10wn

HSC
wth? linkin park is just whining, chester bennington is the most pathetic gay ass excuse for a screamer I think i have ever heard. I've yet to hear any sort of real screaming from slipknot either.

Dani Filth was fucking ridiculous for a while, but most black metal is primarily that sort of screeching/screaming sort of thing.

Good screaming would be aloing the way of Burzum, Tom Araya from Slayer (especially on Reign in Blood) I'd agree with whoever mentioned Mikeal Aderfelt, he is an awesome singer. Also Corpsegrinder from Cannibal Corpse - he can go from low as growling to strangled screams seamlessly.

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
linkin park is gay

and screaming lyrics are good IF they are used moderately, i dont really like the new songs that are plagued with them , it just sounds like they are having major constapation problems.

pristine

HSC
linkin park was so much better when not many knew of them and when they weren't so mainstream.

w1ck3d_c10wn

HSC
pristine said:
linkin park was so much better when not many knew of them and when they weren't so mainstream.
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

er linkin park are a PRODUCT of the mainstream dear. I think you really need to stop reading those Sain magazines.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)