• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Does Anyone Buy Designer Clothes Eg Louis Vuitton And Where Do You Buy Them From??? (2 Viewers)

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
katietheskatie said:
at the moment, i would never buy a louis vuitton bag or whatever, even if i had the money and it was real. there's so many fakes out there that everyone would just assume that it wasn't real .. my mum gave me an lv monogram wallet that she's had for ages, it's pretty rad but i wouldn't use it at the moment for that reason. plus if i lost it i'd be pretty pissed.
Agreed :D

kaylz

HSC
Murf said:
id really have to disagree, my best friend has a fake LV bag and we were at her aunty's place and she was showing me some of the bag's shes got like 5 LV bag's and heaps of other brands and we compared the two and really from the outside, there's no way you could tell the difference... maybe after wear and tare possibly then...

in fact ive heard stories that certain companies use say chinese or japanese factories to make the majority of the bag and then the handles or zippers may be added on in say france or whever LV claim to have there bag's made, i forget where, and that the forgeries sometimes are actually real LV bags but are sorta made underhandedly in these factories by staff there and then sold in local markets without the parent company knowing...

m
it's true. they sometimes pay the workers by giving them half an hour or so on the machines, and they add the finishing touches in france to avoid false advertising claims. Ralph lauren stuff is made in vietnam i think? anyway, half of the fake stuff comes from the same factories as the real. lisa ho stuff is made in china.

jebbie

HSC
kaylz said:
lisa ho stuff is made in china.
Im really not a fan of Lisa Ho. My aunty has bought me several Lisa Ho dresses, because she gets them ridiculously cheap, but I just didnt any of them.

kaylz

HSC
agreed. i don't like ho's stuff. just funny cos people pay over a thousand dollars for some shitty dress that probably cost five dollars to make including freight

kaylz

HSC
sped_kid01 said:
This thread should be re-titled:

How rich are you?
lol or "who wants to sounds like a wanker, and let all of your fellow bosers know that you're loaded?"

jebbie

HSC
kaylz said:
lol or "who wants to sounds like a wanker, and let all of your fellow bosers know that you're loaded?"
No fair. I would only by designers because I could buy them cheaply. D:

HSC
kaylz said:
Some people like designer brands.

Sure, some people are pretentious about it, but other people just like things and will pay anything to buy them.

kaylz

HSC
I love designer brands. It just struck me that the person that started this thread, and a few others that have since contributed seem to be pretentious wankers.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
if you buy designer brands regularly and you ARE loaded, you don't brag about it :p

it's only when you save up 5 years to buy the first louis vuitton bag in your life that you simply have to tell someone :D

oh and by the way, has anyone seen those new plastic LV bangles? omg '-_- you can buy 10 for $1 from some cheap place and stick sequins on them but they sell the small ones - which don't even have the LV logo on it - for around $350... EACH!

Last edited:

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
if you buy designer brands regularly and you ARE loaded, you don't brag about it :p

it's only when you save up 5 years to buy the first louis vuitton bag in your life that you simply have to tell someone :D

oh and by the way, has anyone seen those new plastic LV bangles? omg '-_- you can buy 10 for $1 from some cheap place and stick sequins on them but they sell the small ones - which don't even have the LV logo on it - for around $350.
i did not brag

y would u spend $350 on a bag? plz...sum1 wisen me...

i dont have the necessary abilities (i mean gf) to know y

HSC
braad said:
y would u spend $350 on a bag? plz...sum1 wisen me...
And because its leather, waterproof, creaseproof, has suede lining, beautiful stitching, looks great, easy to use, classic Burberry - and most importantly -
because I liked it enough to spend $750.

I'm thinking my next splurge will be a Hermes Berkin. In my dreams.

Do you like cars, braad? I guess the concept is similar.
There will always be people who say 'Why would you buy a Maserati if you can buy a Datsun 120Y that goes'. But they dont understand.

hyperbole

i LURRVE to exaggerate.
HSC
Don't have any designer bags, clothes or anything. Way too expensive.
But I do like looking at them. I like the those huge Balenciaga bags, but they apparently cost $10K. If I earned $200K a year, I think I would still be really hesitant about spending that much on a bag.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
hyperbole said:
Don't have any designer bags, clothes or anything. Way too expensive.
But I do like looking at them. I like the those huge Balenciaga bags, but they apparently cost $10K. If I earned $200K a year, I think I would still be really hesitant about spending that much on a bag.
I agree :) .

kaylz

HSC
whiterabbit said:
And because its leather, waterproof, creaseproof, has suede lining, beautiful stitching, looks great, easy to use, classic Burberry - and most importantly -
because I liked it enough to spend $750.

I'm thinking my next splurge will be a Hermes Berkin. In my dreams.

Do you like cars, braad? I guess the concept is similar.
There will always be people who say 'Why would you buy a Maserati if you can buy a Datsun 120Y that goes'. But they dont understand.
dude, you're talking like $11000 for a bag (the birkin). am i the only person on here doubting you? stop being a name dropping wangjob.

HSC
kaylz said:
dude, you're talking like $11000 for a bag (the birkin). am i the only person on here doubting you? stop being a name dropping wangjob.
I said 'In my dreams.'

And in a thread about designer clothing, i don't see how I can refer to anything without mentioning the name of the designer.

You're just being a fuckwit because someone disagrees with you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)