Does ANYONE do Briar Rose? (1 Viewer)

Managore

HSC
All through these forums I've heard the title Briar Rose about once, maybe twice, and most probably said by me. Am I the only person here that's studied this text for Close study of Text (Prose Fiction)??

alby

cool duckie
HSC
nah i did it
how'd you go in your essay
i spent too long on it, but did 1 & a bit booklets for it...my writing's big though (4-6 words/line)

Managore

HSC
phew.. when you said 1 and a bit booklets I freaked out.. I wrote 4 sections on each part, amazingly spacing it out well :) My writing's small, about 11 (average) words per line.

I think I went well in the essay.. but it felt like I was just crapping on, but I don't know what, if anything, I should have included. I related most of it to the Fairy Tale ideas central to the novel. You'd you go?

euphoric

HSC
i did briar rose too! 7pages ><
i rambled on about techniques.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
i just related a whole heap of techniques (juxtaposition, extd metaphor, structure..cant think of the others atm) to the themes (good vs evil, human savagery/brutality, & human kindness)

Managore

HSC
Dammit.. the themes.. that's what I forgot. I mentioned human resilience, but that was about it. It explored how the modern ideals were twisted (implied also as bad).. hope that's suffice...

Nescient

HSC
N/A
HOLYSHIT!
i did briar rose too... and it was the worst essay i have ever written in my entire life... i tried to argue it as to why it was good but why it was crap in that beccas character was unrealistic and she wascrap!!
but i had no clue wtf to write... i wrote only 4 pages and my writing aint small... about 8 words per line :( so im screwed... i wrote 10 ages for module A and 8 pages for module C!!!! FRIGGEN BRIAR ROSE

mushroom_head

holey moley!
HSC
i wrote 8 pages for this one and talked about the fairytale notion, detective elements and structure. yeah that's it. hope the marker likes it

C

CaR

I too studied briar rose...yeah, i wrote mainly about characterisation, structure, detective elements & the fairtale motif ;)

jazmine1129

argh

Nescient said:
HOLYSHIT!
i did briar rose too... and it was the worst essay i have ever written in my entire life... i tried to argue it as to why it was good but why it was crap in that beccas character was unrealistic and she wascrap!!
but i had no clue wtf to write... i wrote only 4 pages and my writing aint small... about 8 words per line :( so im screwed... i wrote 10 ages for module A and 8 pages for module C!!!! FRIGGEN BRIAR ROSE

me too, the beggining and end of my essay where just spun bullshit and through it i ended up just saying things, theu wernt negetive but they definatly wernt positive meh~!

HSC
kAt

I wrote 2 whole booklets...i think i wrote...way too much...and then i had no time to finish my module..3..image...so i had to put 'points' in the middle of the essay..how crap!!! DOES ANYONE NEED HELP WITH BRIAR ROSE? coz i'm good at it..i memorized..all the quotes....and i reckon i can teach anyone!!!!

so if u want tutoring, please e-mail me: katherine_kim87@yahoo.com.au ok?

it's only 25 bucks and hour...and if u come with friend...20 bucks each!!! CHEAP AYE?

well ,it's gona be at burwood library....so yeh...if u need help yr 11s and 12s!! juss give me a holla...i currently finished ma hsc..and i came top 10 in my school for english

ok thanks, cya!! :D

shortie_689

HSC
Yeah i Did Briar Rose... I wrote about 10 pages on with about 11 words to a line I think... I tell you what I haven't seen throughout like this whole forum is anything on Educating Rita for module C Into The World.. Did Anyone do that?

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
shutup./.. i never wanna hear about briar rose again and the metahors and the juxtaposition and the allegory and all that bullshit... its corrupting my brain.. my brain hurts :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)