Does anyone have any idea answering this q's?? (1 Viewer)

juni

juni
HSC
"Exhibitions are constrcuted to represent a point of view to audiences"
does anyone have any idea on how to answer this question???
we have to refer to dada exhibition,contemporary exhibition etc....
I;ve been searching sites and this question was quite comon one...
did anybody go to http://www.curriculumsupport.nsw.edu.au??
they said they have sample answer for that question but i can't find it
your help would be great ^^;;

fi_babezy

Stealing is Looking
HSC
do you live near any galleries? If you do, you should go there and talk to someone about it- curators, volunteers, works etc etc. MCA and NSW gallery hold free tours of works. The role of the art museum, eg. the nsw gallery- look at their objectives and how they have changed since the creation of it many years ago....if you can't find anything...write on here again, i have HEAPS of info on this in my vapd .

:D

winicat

HSC
did this come from a past paper? it seems totally familiar... anyways! i think it's a bit like they're trying to persuade you to look at a certain point of view or something. well, that's what i thought of when i first saw the question. it's, like, artisits create works to visually display their message and when an exhibition is made, a bunch of messages come together and we have to read them as a whole.

i hope that is in any way relevant to your question. don't worry, you just blab a bit and prove what you're blabbing about and it's all good. i don't think i ever really understood many art questions like that and hey, i pulled through okay! lol

juni

juni
HSC
thank you all for ur support!^^
fi_babezy, can you please Upload your information??^0^
Thank You!!

fi_babezy

Stealing is Looking
HSC
:p upload my book <hehe>, i;d have to scan it!!!

http://www.artgallery.nsw.gov.au/

go look around the site...you can access the collection online, :D you can buy the catalogue- well some of the works (not many of the newest works in there, eg. Twombly (cant spell it) You could use Cy Twombly's work as an exmaple of the role of the art gallery- controversal in that the gallery spen more then a million aquiring it (er, i think) , yet the gallery must keep up with the times and challenge the audiences perceptions of art- to widen their knowledge, to link previous knowledge with pre existing pieces in the collection or in art world, there's a good example of this in the "foyer walk" part of the gallery with a waterfalls work (abstract) that was inspired by a piece in the early australian paitings section (i think that was the origin of that painting)- anyway, interrelates to the recent CyTwombly acquisition, because twombly's three works ( Three studies from the Temeraire, 1998-99) were inspired by J M Turner's "The fighting Temeraire tugged to her Last Berth to be broken up, 1838" 1839-----haha and dont we just wish that the gallery could acquire this!!!)...but, lol, well i wont get side tracked. look around the site and look , oh hey, im lookin at my notes

"ABOUT THE ART GALLERY OF NSW

WHat is the Art Gallery's mission statement?
OUR VISION
"To mantain our reputation as an energetic, outgoing and accessible art institution in Australia, and at the same time strive to be a major international gallery of the world, continuing to inspire, interest and provide enjoyment to our increasingly diverse audiences"
-edmund capon, director, may 2003

enough, i have rattled senselessly
goodluck :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)