Does anyone have good Roman society 1st C AD notes, with quotes? (1 Viewer)

amyb

I have some detailed notes, but feel unprepared still because i am lacking good quotes. I have some from a few reputable sources, both primary and secondary...but i would very much appreciate any help anyone can be of to me.
Thanx in advance.

tink 18

The antiquity text book has a fair few useful quotes in it. if you want i can put some on file and send you some( it might take a while) and if you want i have some other quotes here aswell

tink 18

it doesnt matter if a historian is mad or not, their perspective is still relavent because even if it is a different perspective to everyone elses you can use it to show how an arguement has arisen and display your historiographical skills

Harimau

You are not me, therefore you are irrelevant
HSC
Originally posted by tink 18
it doesnt matter if a historian is mad or not, their perspective is still relavent because even if it is a different perspective to everyone elses you can use it to show how an arguement has arisen and display your historiographical skills
You don't really need to read all those historians. Make up your point of views instead of reiterating all the viewpoints of the historians.

tink 18

yeah i know that! But historians and sources have to be interpreted and analysed to find the objective truth if you believe that one exists and you should discuss your point of view support it with evidence and sources and also show your knowledge of the topic and identify the other perspectives of various historians.

amyb

very well put Tink.
You don't have to write those other quotes up, but if you could send me those which you already have, that's be great.
You can send them to amy_b827@yahoo.com.
Thankyou!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)