Does anyone have, or know where to purchase a copy of this textbook? (1 Viewer)

M

MichelleV

Hi there.
A friend of mine is in desperate need of the book 'Accounting, Business and Society'

Though 400 copies came in yesterday, they sold out before she could get one. And to complete and submit an assignment she has due on Monday, she needs the book.
However, even the publisher has no more available copies and has to re print, and that isn't likely to happen before she needs the book.

Does anybody know anywhere else this book can be purchased/ if it can be bought online?

We've been trying to get in touch with the unit coordinater to see what to do in this situation.

Basically, she needs to get a hold of the book by Friday afternoon so she can have the weekend to get it done.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

eshay lad 69

HSC
N/A
try find an electronic copy, or source it second hand of ebay,gumtree or amazon if you need it quick

rep me if you found me helpful (rep me anyway)

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
You can try www.jekkle.com.au - takes up to 1-3 days to be delivered plus you get 20% off new textbooks. But since the publishers cannot publish the book immediately, it would be very difficult, unless the library hopefully has an available copy in which your friend can photocopy the pages she needs.

PS. There are so many copies on Textbook Exchange - try and contact them soon - plus the cheapest I see is one for $50.00.

noddis911

HSC
Uni Grad
you can buy an e-copy of the book online from pearson's website...you can also buy just the MyAccountingLab access for cheaper if you intend on buying the hardcopy book later when more stock comes in. Otherwise my other suggestions would be just to not submit this because its weighting is very minor (I believe about 1% per question, since there are ten questions over ten weeks which have a total weighting of 10%) or apply for special considerations through the Student Information Office. Hope this helps :)

izzy88

HSC
Are there any copies in the library? Sometime key textbooks are put in the reserve section so people can't borrow them but you can go into library and use them.

Edit: yes it appears there are two copies in fisher - one is in the 2 hour reserve section. She can go to library and read it. You used to be able to 'reserve' the 2 hour loan books as well, so that it would be there, not sure if that's still possible though.
http://opac.library.usyd.edu.au/sea...accounting,+business+and+society'&SORT=D&1,1,

Also, The library is your friend - don't forget about it - it's there to help! :p

Last edited:
M

MichelleV

Thanks so so much everybody!!! :D

From what's shes told me, you actually need to purchase the book because it comes with a code to access something that is essential.

Very glad to here it's on the publishers website though~ :)

noddis911

HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks so so much everybody!!! :D

From what's shes told me, you actually need to purchase the book because it comes with a code to access something that is essential.

Very glad to here it's on the publishers website though~ :)
Yes the code is for MyAccountingLab...there are multiple videos in the BUSS1030 Blackboard page explaining the various options you have about buying this. You can buy the code by itself from the Pearson website, or in a bundle with an e-text version of the textbook so she can attempt the question, but definitely get her to check out the video!

M

MichelleV

It's all good now.
A lecturer found out about the text books and emailed the code to them all so they can access it without the books.

She says thanks to you all as well :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)