• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

DOES anyone have spare time tonight? (1 Viewer)

amunce

HSC
Just like everyone else in year 12 right now, i am stressing alot, and English is not my strong point.

Is there anyone out there that has a good understanding of the Imaginative Journeys focus, or even just Journeys Area of Study in general that could like speak to me on MSN or the phone, because basically i just need someone to explain to me how to set up an essay plan for structure or just give me some last minute tips/advice?

Otherwise are there any hotlines or internet chatrooms that exist that anyone knows of?

lol.. i know i sound ridiculous but im probably cofident that im fairly lost for English..

damn.. ok well thanks to anyone if they can help me out here.

cheers

quinn82

HSC
I. Introduction
A. Attention-getter: a quote/ generalised sentence related to your essay, something that catches and engages the reader e.g. "The jouney, not the arrival, matters" and through imaginative journey, a reader engages and disovers the motives that drive individuals to achieve their goals through personal, and worldy experiences" or something like that.
B. Preview Main Points: Write out your thesis statement so that you preview each of your main points.

Transition - a statement that solidifies your argement
Write out your transition. How will you leave the introduction and begin the body?

II. Body
A. Point One. Provide a phrase (TOPIC SENTENCE) here indicating the first point you will be discussing. In the nest sentence link this idea to the general issue f imaginative journeys. Provide a quote/example from your text to support this idea. Then discuss one of your related texts and how it too supports/challeneges this idea. provide a quote/example from this to prove your point.

Transition - a statement that solodifies your argument and links you back to your intro ideas.
Write out your transition. Indicate with a transition that you are discussing the next main point.

B. Point two. See information under point one.
Transition
Write out your transition. Indicate with a transition that you are discussing the next main point.

C. Point two. See information under point one.
Transition
Write out your transition. Indicate with a transition that you are beginning the conclusion of your speech.

III Conclusion
A. Review Points. Tell the reader what you wrote about. Provide a brief explanation of what you said. However you choose, make sure it relates to what your essay was about.

hope this helps:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)