Does anyone have the answers to the Year 11 Ansto Chemistry Excursion Workbook ? (1 Viewer)

Araf.Khan836

HSC
Does anyone have the answers to the Year 11 Ansto Chemistry Excursion Workbook ? It will be very helpful.

Year 11 Ansto Chemistry Excursion Workbook link-https://www.ansto.gov.au/sites/default/files/2019-06/Y11_Chemistry_excursion_workbook.pdf

Attachments

wizzkids

HSC
Did you go on the excursion to ANSTO?
I don't have all the answers to the excursion booklet, but the questions aren't that hard, that's if you were listening during the excursion.
Which questions are you having trouble with?

Sekoudrame

HSC
Did you go on the excursion to ANSTO?
I don't have all the answers to the excursion booklet, but the questions aren't that hard, that's if you were listening during the excursion.
Which questions are you having trouble with?
PLEASE QUESTION 6 🙏 it’s for the pre tour excursion workbook
’Draw a diagram of what you expect the radiation tracks of alpha and beta particles to look based on the the distance travelled in air, the kinetic energy and isolating power of these two different particles.’
What the hell does that mean?

wizzkids

HSC
I think you mean "ionising power" .
Alpha particles carry 2 units of positive charge. They travel in dead straight lines about 3 cm in air before they are all stopped by collisions with air molecules. Alpha particles have lots of momentum.
Beta particles are very light, they carry one unit of negative charge. They don't have so much momentum. They travel in slightly wavy lines about 2 cm before they are stopped by air molecules.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)