Does anyone know about appeal against grades (1 Viewer)

The_Adonis

HSC
"Q1 MCQ 20 Marks
Q2 Legal question 10 Marks
Q3 Audit risk (assurance) 15 Marks
Q4 Substantive Events 18 Marks
Q5 Audit opinion 16 Marks
Q6 Enron case 12 Marks
Q7 Internal control 9 Marks"

Beautiful now I know what to study for my 340 final on Friday...
Some good came out of this thread after all...

And in terms of getting a grad job, you would be surprised how little marks mean if you have a hint of charisma.
Marks help you get an interview, not a job..

Tabris

HSC
The_Adonis said:
Marks help you get an interview, not a job..

I completely agree, get the marks first and if u got a good character, charisma and show other qualities they are looking for then you will get a solid chance at passing the interview and get the phonecall.

Even though u may use 5%, having solid marks is the first step in a would of imperfect information and amrket for lemons.

dracover

HSC
damn econ 309 stop reminding me...akerlof ahhhh

on topic though from my experience employers usually have some sorta cut off or marks like gpa 2 or 2.5 or 3 depending on wat it is. the lower the gpa cut off the less strick it is. e.g. a 3 cut off will be quite vigorusly enforced since its high for a reason while a lowish 2 gpa means they dont realli care much its onli to sure ur at least average so they're more interested in other things. after ur resume the gpa means close to 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 = 0 lol so realli scoring very high means nothing getting 99 for everything gives u the same job prospects (even just looking at first stage) as someone with 85 or 75 for everything even though one might say theres great disparity between the marks.

The_Adonis

HSC
Well I can only speak from experience, I have a grad position at a big 4 starting next year and my GPA is something like 1.6,so there is hope for people who haven't performed well, but you need a balance in being able to carry a reputation of a big firm when working with their clients.
From all my mates who are working this year, they have said you use nothing from uni, absolutely nothing...

The thing I found funny was that I have a mate who works as a cadet there and he was talking to one of the recruiters and he said they rejected someone with 15 HD's because they felt he couldn't hold himself in the interview and was asked "when was a time you feel you could have improved when you were disappointed?", the reply was something like.. "when I got a D I felt I could've studied more to get a HD".

I personally believe marks only matter for finance because everyone who applies for jobs has amazing GPAs.

dracover

HSC
well even fiance is a bit meh. i'm mat amp starting next yr so its a major fiance area an my gpa aint that good. actually i rem before going into the interview my friend was telling me to not related to uni and marks unless they specifically state it which imho is a good strategy. i was refering to past jobs, sports, other extra cirriculum stuff anything but marks.

gl at the big 4 next yr btw they rejected me hahaha oh well i think u stole my spot rofl.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)