Does anyone know about new technologies/research to use in the exam for pompeii and herc? (1 Viewer)

graceluvsA's

HSC
Every trial paper ive looked at has new tech and research as the question with the most marks but bruh I did not learn anything. Idk what the new reasearch is. I feel like this part of the syllabus has nothing on it but then it weighs the most marks.

ledelta :)

HSC
I think new research refers to the efforts of Estelle Lazer, Haraldur Sigurðsson etc as well as other archeologists and their discoveries in Pompeii and Herculaneum.

New tech I believe is like the technologies they've used to make those discoveries, like CT scans and whatnot.

SamDavisEnjoyer420

HSC
technology is also used in reconstruction and conservation, like for example
  • CCTV (and guards) to combat theft and vandalism
  • water soluble fixatives to prevent fresco and building damage since indoors artefacts were not designed for weather damage
  • trained falcons to prevent ammonia rich pigeon poop from pooping on pompeii and herc (they also used to use mesh and spikes but they found falcons more effective lol. im not sure if u can count this as a technology but like we didn't always have trained falcons to fight off pigeons)
  • 'spot the dog', a robot dog made by boston dynamics, that walks around pompeii. he identifies structural integrity issues. i guess spot can also investigate places which are unsafe for humans, like a house on the brink of collapse or tunnels underneath of pompeii
im glad u asked this question i find the core study so boring compared to the period and personality study i would not have revised this 💀💀

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)