does anyone know anything about aristides!? (1 Viewer)

SXKTN

hey, does anyone have any links or know of any historians with info on aristides ( greek world). i think he had something to do with the delian league, but my class has a lack of info. anything would be appreciated!

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Plutarch has an entire chapter about him. He's generally known as being Themistocles' political rival, and for being ostracised then called back before the wars. He played a part in the Delian league, mainly organising the amounts of taxes from each member state.

http://www.e-classics.com/ARISTIDES.htm

young_gurl

aristides was the dude that was themistocles enemy he was exhiled cause he wanted to share the money from the silver mines amognst the people...
theres also 'aristides the just' im not sure if they are the same person but what he did was went around assessing how much league members had to contribute in the delian league

Harimau

You are not me, therefore you are irrelevant
HSC
Originally posted by young_gurl
aristides was the dude that was themistocles enemy he was exhiled cause he wanted to share the money from the silver mines amognst the people...
theres also 'aristides the just' im not sure if they are the same person but what he did was went around assessing how much league members had to contribute in the delian league
Its the same dude. Just read Plutarch's chapter on him, and also his comparison.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)