does anyone know... (1 Viewer)

Eddie2004

HSC
I have a question - say you get a UAI of 88.35, and your 1st preference is distance education with a cut off of 62, and your 2nd preference is Bach.of Commerce at Wollongong - with a cut off of 82.
Will you get offered both? I'm not really sure how it all works. Plus I lost my career advisers email address.
Thanks very much!

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
No, you'll get offered the 1st preference.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Yeah, wot Without_Wings said :D

Eddie2004

HSC
What happens if you are a crazy person, who wanted to juggle a part time at Wollongong, but do the distace course at the same time? Isn't it possible to do both?

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
It's bloody hard.... but if you want to TRY, you prolly should have put the Gong as pref. One and applied directly to the Uni from DE. I know places like UNE and CSU take direct applications for Distance..

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Eddie2004 said:
What happens if you are a crazy person, who wanted to juggle a part time at Wollongong, but do the distace course at the same time? Isn't it possible to do both?
My advice is just not to do it, you'd end up just overloading yourself. It's better just to get one thing out of the way before doing the other.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I doubt many unis will look too kindly upon you studying two different things at once (ie not as a double degree but at a different institution).

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Whats your Distance Ed course? Some Uni's offer diplomas you can complete at the same time as your major degree. USYD offers Diploma in Arts to anyone who is studying outside their Arts faculty, or at another Uni. You only need a UAI of 80 to do thats. Mac offers Languages as a diploma too. So, depending on what your distance ed choice was, thats always an option.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Yeah but UAC are only going to offer you one thing. And by the looks of it it will be your first pref.

Sometimes I wonder what some people's careers advisors actually did.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)