Does anyone still go to video game arcades (eg Timezone)? (2 Viewers)

Thief

!!
HSC
I've been to Galaxy World a few times recently, I love DDR!

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I have no idea to be honest, I'm pretty noob and I just play on medium (ocassionally hard but i usually fail).
Practice makes perfect. In my prime I could A 10 footers but now after years of neglect, I'm back down to doing 8 and 9 footers, and happy to get a B. That being said the Hornsby machine has the up arrows mucked up on P1, and P2 is very off centre.

Thief

!!
HSC
Practice makes perfect. In my prime I could A 10 footers but now after years of neglect, I'm back down to doing 8 and 9 footers, and happy to get a B. That being said the Hornsby machine has the up arrows mucked up on P1, and P2 is very off centre.
But practice can get pretty expensive =P I used to have DDR on the Wii but that got boring eventually doing the same songs over and over.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Arcade is very different in terms of feel and the quality of the pads (well back when they were well maintained). I used to go for all the promo days like Powerclub days at Timezone and use the after school deals. Back in the day I could do 3 hours of DDR with 2 friends (we'd rotate on and off). Nowadays I just do double since it's a bit more fun to me.

Thief

!!
HSC
Arcade is very different in terms of feel and the quality of the pads (well back when they were well maintained). I used to go for all the promo days like Powerclub days at Timezone and use the after school deals. Back in the day I could do 3 hours of DDR with 2 friends (we'd rotate on and off). Nowadays I just do double since it's a bit more fun to me.
Yeah of course. The one I used at home was pretty crap, nothing like ones at an arcade =) Although you can actually buy metal ones at home (a few hundred bucks though hah) which would be pretty cool.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Haha I've looked into the metal ones at home- very tempting to buy a set for my PS2 and turn it into a DDR practice area but then part of the fun is doing it in the arcade with a crowd (I'm so shallow).

Thief

!!
HSC
Lol gotta show off them skills aye. I understand =)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Don't remember, chucked out the mat now.

I googled it and apparently it needs a gamecube controller port.
There are so many manufacturers of the plastic fold up mats nowadays. I am always amazed when I see people play pretty difficult songs at home using them on Youtube and they don't seem to slip/fall or anything! Also I found it hurt my feet a lot because unlike the machine, when you step you are pressing into the hard ground/tile/cement underneath the mat rather than into a platform which can press in like a button.

Market City has Extreme
George Street has Extreme and Supernova 2
Nice. From back in the day when I played at MC, I remember it used to be on a bit of an angle which made it really hard to do double because you had to compensate for the inclination. Is that still the case?

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
Nice. From back in the day when I played at MC, I remember it used to be on a bit of an angle which made it really hard to do double because you had to compensate for the inclination. Is that still the case?
I'm lucky enough to hit the pads :p although I haven't noticed it being on an angle

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)