does bankstown campus have a gym (1 Viewer)

HSC
hey does anyone know if bankstown campus have a gym and operating hours? and how much it costs for a membership. Also if anyone else wnats to elaborate on the features of bankstown campus feel free to do so :)

DEZ1R3

HSC
yes theres a gym at milperra sports centre.. about 2mins drive from the bankstown campus... or there is a fitness first at the Kristy Centre at Bankstown... about 5min drive

christ_ine

simply because
HSC
Mm, there's one down by the oval. They usually give out fliers during the first week of uni.

Jacks

HSC
that's right, there is one down near the oval. If you're interested in the prices for membership etc I suggest you go in and enquire, you are free to do so and they'll probably give you a flyer or something like that which you can take. The price depends on how long a membership you want, and I've only been in there once when I went with a friend who enquired about all the sorts of things you're asking. They will probably advertise when the year begins, but my friend found them very helpful so if you have any queries I think asking them directly is the way to go. As far as any other "features" go there isn't much to say...although the campus, as well as having a Cafeteria, has a cafe "X lounge" which has some nice food...and there is the coop bookshop, UniShop that sells some UWS apparel and items, and a newsagent type shop that has some snack type food, magazines and papers, lollies, and a selection of stationery items. It is the smallest campus, but its facilities are adequate. Anyway I hope this helps you. :)

Jonathan A

HSC
theone123 said:
no gym in bankstown, their one at penrith

There is a gym in Bankstown. Used to be used by the Health Sciences, now I am sure UWSConnect is using it and people can sign up for training there.

Jonathan A

HSC
hiphophorray123 said:
Also if anyone else wnats to elaborate on the features of bankstown campus feel free to do so :)

Some moment of truth guys. Bankstown does have a gym (to clarify). The UWSConnect committee is working on ways to open the bar and expand the back area of the uni - social events are important. Furthermore, the refectory has/will undergo a make-over, new everything pretty much - get set for the change. The X-lounge is gone, and the uni-shop is now in UWSSA's hands (God help us, another little RESERVED room perhaps).

Note that there were some conflict on how assets were to be distributed, many will recall the BSA's plans to sue (and break the Corporations Act by trading insolvent). In the mediation process, many assets of the uni were distributed and it means better services, and hopefully the UWSSA will follow the lead of UWSConnect.

Jonathan A

HSC
Jacks said:
has a cafe "X lounge" which has some nice food...and there is the coop bookshop, UniShop that sells some UWS apparel and items, and a newsagent type shop that has some snack type food, magazines and papers, lollies, and a selection of stationery items. It is the smallest campus, but its facilities are adequate. Anyway I hope this helps you. :)

Some of this stuff is GONE, however our hopes lie with UWSSA to help ALL students.

Jacks

HSC
really?? what's actually gone? I knew some were closed, but I thought that was only for a couple of days or something like that, the majority of time I was there they were open...:confused:

Jonathan A

HSC
Jacks said:
really?? what's actually gone? I knew some were closed, but I thought that was only for a couple of days or something like that, the majority of time I was there they were open...:confused:

X-lounge and uni shop is underway. See X lounge and Grinders coffee are private and did not want to be under UWSConnect control which is a non-profit organisation, hence all profits under the Corporations Act must be re-invested back into the organisation, so it was stopped. Simply they can't operate. A point I will make is that at the UWSConnect meeting I was concerned about this and we suggested on something that replaces it with high quality foods and environment, and you shouldn't worry.

As for the unishop, i don't think its going as of yet, its one of those grey areas of the negotiations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)