Does doing B.Comm/B.Law from Uni of Western Sydney affect your employment prospects? (1 Viewer)

HSC
I have heard a lot of people say that the 'top-tier' law firms disregard University of Western Sydney, as in they only employ students of Uni of Sydney/Uni of New South Wales/Macquarie?

If I did a double-degree of B.Comm/B. Law at University of Western Sydney, would it affect my future employment opportunities?

Please could any student who is currently doing Law from Uni of Western Sydney, tell me about its reputation/experience etc..

Thanks

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Re: Does doing B.Comm/B.Law from Uni of Western Sydney affect your employment prospec

I know of a person (an ex-BoS moderator) who went to UWS, and worked at a mid-tier international firm (Norton Rose).

Your degree is what you make it.

enoilgam

HSC
Re: Does doing B.Comm/B.Law from Uni of Western Sydney affect your employment prospec

I have heard a lot of people say that the 'top-tier' law firms disregard University of Western Sydney, as in they only employ students of Uni of Sydney/Uni of New South Wales/Macquarie?

If I did a double-degree of B.Comm/B. Law at University of Western Sydney, would it affect my future employment opportunities?

Please could any student who is currently doing Law from Uni of Western Sydney, tell me about its reputation/experience etc..

Thanks
My mum works as a secretary for one of the top 4 law firms in the country and she has introduced me to the partner in charge of hiring graduates. She told me in clear terms that they DO NOT give any consideration to an applicants university when hiring. She said that they consider uni marks but especially your personality (ie whether your a team player) and your extra-cirriculars. Obviously, this may not be the case at all firms, but I agree with aerath, your degree is what you make of it.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A

My mum works as a secretary for one of the top 4 law firms in the country and she has introduced me to the partner in charge of hiring graduates. She told me in clear terms that they DO NOT give any consideration to an applicants university when hiring. She said that they consider uni marks but especially your personality (ie whether your a team player) and your extra-cirriculars. Obviously, this may not be the case at all firms, but I agree with aerath, your degree is what you make of it.
They would also consider discrepancies between unis' marking though. Obviously, a Credit at one university may be a High Distinction at another, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)