does doing extracurricular activities really matter in high school (1 Viewer)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
so if you apply for a job as a paralegal in your second yr of uni do you reckon that high school stuff matters
it's early enough so that it'll be a factor if someone is looking at your extramural stuff

donkily

HSC
N/A
it's early enough so that it'll be a factor if someone is looking at your extramural stuff
but wouldnt it be as relevant as the things you did in the first yr of uni as uni is more relevant

i mean people have different attitudes (i hope) in uni and in high school so i doubt employers would care that much for high school stuff

si2136

HSC
N/A
but wouldnt it be as relevant as the things you did in the first yr of uni as uni is more relevant

i mean people have different attitudes (i hope) in uni and in high school so i doubt employers would care that much for high school stuff
It's harder to strive for leadership roles in university when you're just in first year, for example, treasurer role of a society. Employers want to see you take an active role in society, just joining one wouldn't really count as an EC.

And I never mentioned university, I only explicitly said High School because I don't have university experience yet, so I'm not sure whether if HS EC's would be helpful. And you have also mentioned paralegal. I'm not sure how much you know but a Law Clerkship / Paralegal role is really hard to get into, and I'm sure having done activities in High School would help, in addition to activities in uni AND awesome marks.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad

They might care as past performance/behaviour is a good indicator of future... and it says alot about you early on before you're only doing it for the CV IMO.

boredsatan

HSC
They might care as past performance/behaviour is a good indicator of future... and it says alot about you early on before you're only doing it for the CV IMO.
does school performance in year 11 indicate your likely performance in year 12?

donkily

HSC
N/A
They might care as past performance/behaviour is a good indicator of future
that's talking about school performance, isn't it
employers care more about yr 12 because that's the final yr of high school, not yr 11

also people dont try as hard in yr 11 because they want to save it all for year 12

school performance varies between employers and i dont think it will be as relevant especially when you're in 2nd/3rd yr uni

si2136

HSC
N/A
They might care as past performance/behaviour is a good indicator of future
that's talking about school performance, isn't it
Usually not. I haven't seen any recruiters ask for year 11 reports, only the latest year 12 ones. Besides UBS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)