Does english count in your top ten units? (1 Viewer)

WEMG

HSC
Let say I'm going to do 12 units in year 12. I score very high for all 10 units except for english(which is compulsory) in the externals which I scored very low. Does my score for the top 10 units count in my atar? or is it that English is taken into account regardless and replaces two of my units?

Last edited:

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
definitely. gotta do well in english.

Imaginaryfriend

HSC
N/A
as a matter of fact. You should focus less on other subjects and re-focus on your english if you want a high ATAR.

What subjects are you doing? and how well are you handling them?

WEMG

HSC
as a matter of fact. You should focus less on other subjects and re-focus on your english if you want a high ATAR.

What subjects are you doing? and how well are you handling them?
Im in top 10 for everything except english adv(19 out of 67ish) and I rarely study english... I wanted to do ESL but I miss out by five years..
Any tips for studying english? Is studying your prescribed text and making notes the best way to go?

Imaginaryfriend

HSC
N/A
Im in top 10 for everything except english adv(19 out of 67ish) and I rarely study english... I wanted to do ESL but I miss out by five years..
Any tips for studying english? Is studying your prescribed text and making notes the best way to go?

If you be more specific on your subject and depending on what school you go to, I can give you advice on what to do. But regardless English is manditory. I have a page or two on how to study English, I wouldn't mind sharing it with you, let me find it...

eriito

Elite Member
HSC
Yes
English is the only thing that definitely counts

WEMG

HSC
If you be more specific on your subject and depending on what school you go to, I can give you advice on what to do. But regardless English is manditory. I have a page or two on how to study English, I wouldn't mind sharing it with you, let me find it...
Chemistry
Physics
Mathematics
Maths EX1
Economics
Modern History
English ADV

My school is HBBS.

P

pinkcupcakes

I would love to see it too :]

thongetsu

Where aren't I?
HSC
i wouldn't trust someone who can't spell.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)