• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

does english deffinetly count in the 10 units of your uai? (1 Viewer)

Tiffanys

Executed member
HSC
ellen.louise said:
how can we know that?

never been to a sydney school.
it's co-ed at least :D
damn. so many lunchtimes saved from not visiting marist down the road.

Selective schools have their reasons...they'd duck if they let their students who have shown academic ability take courses that r too easy for them.

ellen.louise

HSC
ssejamafone said:
Are you serious!?!?!?! are you FRICKIN serious!?!?!?!??!?!?! I think i'm gonna go right up to whoever is in charge and !&^&!*&^#$#%!^!%##*%^$$**(*!!!!!!!!!!
I am entirely serious. That's what ms sinclair said.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Tiffanys said:
Selective schools have their reasons...they'd duck if they let their students who have shown academic ability take courses that r too easy for them.
Yeah well, I went to selective school and the stupid English faculty forced 80% of the grade to do STANDARD and made up this very sexist bullshit "criteria" if we wanted to do Advanced. They claim that it's "easier" to get good marks in Standard and it would be 'better' for our UAI plus Advanced is like the most difficult course in the world and all other schools are really really stupid to let so many people do Advanced (yes they literally said that!). The most ironic and sexist thing though was that they let so many girls who were below the grade average in Year 10 do Advanced and Extension but denied entry for so many guys who were well above the grade average in Year 10.

What's really happening is that the English faculty are fuckin lazy and incompetent and can't teach English for crap and probably don't understand the English Advanced course themselves and are clearly doing a lot of guesswork. So guess who suffers from their crap teaching.....

Seriously, I've never seen such stupid or deluded teachers in my whole life. They reckon they're the best, and try to cover up the terrible HSC results by simply saying "oh a band 5/6 is extremely difficult to get in English". Surely only five band 6 results in 2 unit English out of 160+ for a selective school should tell you there's something wrong with the English faculty.....honestly the head teacher should be sacked in my opinion and in the opinion many other fellow students and parents

So...not all selective schools force their selective students to do Advanced, in some cases it is quite the opposite....

taylor427

HSC
fuck this thread grew damn quick.

i do english standard after dropping from adv.
so im pretty much at the top of the class if i try a lil harder...

now ive gotta get tutor for next year i suppose.

Thanks everyone whos helped clear it up early for me : )

and wtf does: "fuckdamnshajshoot" mean ? ? ?

Tiffanys

Executed member
HSC
Trebla said:
Yeah well, I went to selective school and the stupid English faculty forced 80% of the grade to do STANDARD and made up this very sexist bullshit "criteria" if we wanted to do Advanced. They claim that it's "easier" to get good marks in Standard and it would be 'better' for our UAI plus Advanced is like the most difficult course in the world and all other schools are really really stupid to let so many people do Advanced (yes they literally said that!). The most ironic and sexist thing though was that they let so many girls who were below the grade average in Year 10 do Advanced and Extension but denied entry for so many guys who were well above the grade average in Year 10.

What's really happening is that the English faculty are fuckin lazy and incompetent and can't teach English for crap and probably don't understand the English Advanced course themselves and are clearly doing a lot of guesswork. So guess who suffers from their crap teaching.....

Seriously, I've never seen such stupid or deluded teachers in my whole life. They reckon they're the best, and try to cover up the terrible HSC results by simply saying "oh a band 5/6 is extremely difficult to get in English". Surely only five band 6 results in 2 unit English out of 160+ for a selective school should tell you there's something wrong with the English faculty.....honestly the head teacher should be sacked in my opinion and in the opinion many other fellow students and parents

So...not all selective schools force their selective students to do Advanced, in some cases it is quite the opposite....
wtf, im not sending my children there. what high school were u at?

taylor427

HSC
loleno said:
Why did you drop from advanced anyway?
i dropped at the end of term 1 cause my heaps good teacher who i was mates with, went to england, and we got this stupid horse-bitch for a teacher and she spent 2, 1 hour periods telling my whole advanced class that we wernt good enough, so i was like, i am good enough - but your too much of a bitch, and im not even that good at english....

and all the internet short hand language has ruined my writing lol.

so ive dropped, and its good cause im comfortable where i am now : )

Last edited:

taylor427

HSC
yeah. the stupid cow. cause, outta class she acts all nice and stuff... but we all know she has mental problems. its evident becasue she drives a french car among other things.

Last edited:

aiz

HSC
N/A
english is deffinetly counted in your uai.

taylor427

HSC
i think i should get back into advanced a.s.a.p and just read and study whole lot ay....

dammit why am i so dumb.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)