does everyone else go shit in section one? or just me? (1 Viewer)

blue_eye_baby

HSC
with the creative, im using the ideas and concepts that ive incorporated into them....that creative section can be really narrow or really broad
for the first section, use the lines as a guide as to how much you write...and look for key terms :) hope that helps a bit

GOOD LUCK

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
Yes. These were my trial marks

1.1 - 7/15
1.2 - 13/15
1.3 - 12/15
2.1 - 15/20
2.2 - 16/20
2.3 - 16/20

So as you can see, I suck at reading task. I called the advice line and got told basic stuff about how to approach it more effectively, and also from a friend:

- read the question first, that way you know what to look for
- instead of looking for techniques, have a list of techniques that you try apply to the texts
- don't write excessively long answers for 1 or 2 marks
- don't repeat any answer from the first part of the question in the longer 5-6 mark one at the end

they also told me to take in some sugary lollies and if you get stuck or are finding comprehension a little difficult, take a sugar hit and it should get you focused again. sounds like a good plan, even if it doesn't work you get a tasty lolly :p

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
i got 14/15.

SO no.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
pfft.

12/15, 6/15 and 9/15 respectively :p

Watsername

HSC
Dumsum said:
- don't repeat any answer from the first part of the question in the longer 5-6 mark one at the end
I also called the advice line about this section and they told me that you can repeat answers from the first part of the question since they mark each one seperatley?

miss_ditz

hey guys, really having difficulty studying for section one, just basic stuff.. anyone got any tips? also with creative writing are people taking in prepared stories and just making them fit to the question? answers to this would be greatly appreciated! ..~..GOODLUCK..~.. over the coming weeks! xxx

Buffy 97-03

HSC
yeah i have problems with it as well. Feel like an idiot for not being able to do the 'easiest part of the paper'
My marks for trial

1.1 - 9.5/15 <----sticks out like a sore thumb =(
1.2 - 12/15
1.3 - 14/15

2.1 - 18/20
2.2 - 17/20
2.3 - 18/20

currysauce

Actuary in the making
HSC
you realise section 1 u can't really study - its on unknown stuff

i guess you could brush up on ur techniques, buts thats about it

al_x

short*
HSC
I always go shit in the comprehension section. I don't even know what I do wrong! ahh but what can ya do

miss_ditz

as i do it i think im going great but then get the marks back and i get about 8!! lol lollies sounds like a good plan? we were told that the only food/drink we could bring in was a clear water bottle? obviously not true.. jerks..making us miss out on lollies

enigma~

HSC
Section 1 is usually easy. The questions are always like 'what is the author's purpose?', something to do with techniques, etc. I don't think it's hard.

enigma~

HSC
miss_ditz said:
I dont think its hard either! but marks tell me a different story
lol, fair enough. Are you sure your problem isn't that you have forgotten to link to jounreys. Like when you describe a technique do you link it to the concept of a journey?

enigma~

HSC
Bokky said:
enigma, that looks more like 26 days until u crash ur car into that mushroom or wateva it is rofl :)
haha, that mushroom of gold? I wouldn't mind that! :D

miss_ditz

enigma~ said:
Section 1 is usually easy. The questions are always like 'what is the author's purpose?', something to do with techniques, etc. I don't think it's hard.
I dont think its hard either! but marks tell me a different story

Kean

HSC
"You cant study for english"

THE OLD LIE

One of my friends said today you cant study for english. What an idiot.

Im also bad at the reading section, but I got some past papers and did them, there really good and you know what to look for.

Lets just hope we get an easy piece of prose and not some stupid poem no one can understand except the stoned writer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)