Does Gen Maths Scale U Down (1 Viewer)

jabbott

HSC
my school sayed that it won't scale ya bad coz its harder than the others coz ya need to know more about maths in general. dunno thats what i heard i really don't care about scales

jabbott

HSC
just joking! thats what someone tried to tell me once that here school told them it actually scaled u up! i would suggest people just try to do their best and not worry about the scaling. if you do well it won't matter to much. i did 2 unit and general and if i had of not picked up general i would have only got a uai in the 80"s and not in the 90's

abdullah_legend

genral maths does scale u up. My brother ws gettin in the 30s for genral the whole year and he ended up gettin 52 in da hsc. So its really good for scaling!

VJ

The Chosen One
HSC
was told by teacher that general maths wont scale you down, but advanced will scale you up cos its much harder.

zergcave

HSC
so many 4u pple in this forum man? get away lol

hmm.. its funny how every EXT 2 ENGLISH student you come across, does GENERAL maths....

zergcave

HSC
lame lil (true) story:

hmm once upon a morning, i walked into my maths lesson and saw a whole lot of odd looking shapes, and formulas on the board.

there was this circle, and alongside it - the word "circle". amongst it was the formula for the area of a.... square.......

im like: "orr (lemme guess), you had a year 8 class last didnt chu sir?"

(year 6 orientation?)

he replies: "no that was my year 11 general....scary eh?"

the END.

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
zergcave said:
so many 4u pple in this forum man? get away lol

hmm.. its funny how every EXT 2 ENGLISH student you come across, does GENERAL maths....
not really,
generally yes... thats only because all the top of the state students only bother with english advanced because not many people appretiate english.

2 yrs ago the dux of my school did 4u english and 4u maths, she got 11th in the state in eng extention 1.

abdullah_legend said:
genral maths does scale u up. My brother ws gettin in the 30s for genral the whole year and he ended up gettin 52 in da hsc. So its really good for scaling!
only about 6% of the general course get a band 1 and some of the people in that course are really bad and dont try at all so they fit in that category.

Last edited:

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
That's a rather stupid dichotomy which people love to enforce; that's the only reason it dies such a drawn-out death.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
to get a band 1, all you have to do is to attend enough classes and do the exams.

i use to do 3u english, only reason i didn't bother was the teaching of the course or the course content, and primarily the teacher hwo was also the head. so meh.

30s to 52 is not frigen scaling?! it means that he probaly got 70s in the external exams as a scaled mark.

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
anti-mathmite said:
Maths and English is like cats and dogs in my opinion, most people like one; hate the other.
I like cats, dogs, math and english.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
That's funny; my cats and dogs get along fine.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Cats and dogs together in a household tend to get a long. Cats and stranger cats, dogs and stranger dogs, dogs and stranger cats, or cats and stranger dogs are what don't tend to get along.

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
anti-mathmite said:
Maths and English is like cats and dogs in my opinion, most people like one; hate the other.
anti-mathmite said:
I meant "Cats and Dogs" that is, they don't get along.. Not people like cats OR dogs.. :rolleyes:
So when you said that "Maths and English is like cats and dogs " in that people hate one and like the other you actually meant that they don't get along? Interesting...

I'd suggest that too many people get pigeon holed and caught up in the idea that english and mathematics are incompatible (similar to the notion of cats not getting along with dogs) but I personally think that it's stupid.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)