• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does God Exist? (1 Viewer)

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
um..ok
basically muslim women dress modestly
wearing loose fitting clothing..covering their whole body except the hands and face
some cover the feet some dont
this is because the woman is beautiful
we dont reveal ourselves to anyone but our husbands brotehrs and father..uncles and grandparents
in islam the women is precious..shes is like a jewel
is someone asked you can i see your jewels ..can i touch them..can i look at them..u say would say no..u would cover them up
well in islam the women are more precious then that

also they dress modestly like that for our own protection
when ur walking down the street does a man whistle and shout out at a girl dressed islamically or a girl in a mini skirt and biki top
its just about modestly..and keeping urself covered..from bad things that could happen
thats just a bit of it..i cnat be bothered typing..but u get the general idea

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
its also an identity..an islamic identity and dress code
and when you wear hejab type clothes and hejab you seriously feel wonderful and free
ask any woman that wears it(unforcefully)
its really is a beautiful thing..

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
soha said:
ok..the prophet peace be upon him couldnt read or write true
but he didnt actually sitdown with pen and paper
some people he knew did..his companians
firstly he memorized the quaran and they memorized the quaran..because the angel gabriel told him...
and 2-3 wrote it on paper from a tree..like bark paper tree..
neways..thats how
So how is that different from people memorising what Jesus said and adding them all towards one book and forming the Bible?

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
acmilan said:
So how is that different from people memorising what Jesus said and adding them all towards one book and forming the Bible?
because when u read the bible..and read the koran clearly the koran is the word of god
the bible was written by man..there is so many things obvious in it
also
how many versions are there..and new testimonts..its crazy..(that there are so many)
and how could a book(the word of god) be in every hotel and motel room in vages..and all around the world.

be exploited so much..i dunno..

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
the bible is said to be the eye witness accounts of the actions of jesus and the desciples.
however, it was first transmitted orally by the desciples and were later recorded up to 100 years later. i think most were recorded after 70AD (from memory)

we cant be real sure coz the people who wrote the bible (eg: John etc) didnt bother putting in their last names so historically speaking we dont have all the details to confirm the exact people who wrote the bible. We can ofcourse trace it from what the bible's authors say about one another.

An exception to what i have said earlier, would have to be the works of PAul, he was the self proclaimed saint who wrote many works on the actions of the desciples, recorded in the Book Of ACTS. there was this other book i heard of , where gods words is recorded in RED ink and the words of PAul were written in Black. However, if you look at the book, most of it is written in BLack ink (not surprising though as paul never met jesus or attended his sermons)

thats what i know about bible history

oh and :
one of the dissapointing aspects about the modern day bible is dealing with the subject of "apochrypha"

these relate to books which have been locked down by the vatican in the early chrsitian era, as they were seen to be unreliable.

books like: the gospel of St. Barnabus (Which for some reason i have a copy of- though im not a christian) were removed for that reason -its a shame really -coz he had details on things the other saints didnt- about the comforter and spirit of truth etc i think.

Last edited:
K

katie_tully

WHY CAN'T YOU PEOPLE FORM A BLOODY ARGUMENT WITHOUT QUOTING BIBLE TEXTS?

How can you possibly use a text that contradicts itself, and at times is "not meant to be taken literally, it's symbolic", to justify your argument?

Is that the only "proof" you have? Do you have to keep quoting the bible time after time, to convince yourself that there is no possible alternative?

Alexander the Great often dictated to his historians, or took them along with him so that they could write down his achievements. We all know these accounts are bias towards Alexander, but if you believe the hocus pocus about him being the Son of Zeus Ammon, it's no different to Jesus prancing around being the son of "God".
So why do you believe one and not the other? Why is one more credible than the other? Alexander had just as many followers in 330 BC, than Jesus did in in the year AD.

I just do not comprehend how supposedly intelligent people are going to believe every word written down in an admittidly contradictory and "not to be taken literally" book.

mr EaZy

HSC
soha said:
how many versions are there..and new testimonts..its crazy..(that there are so many)
and how could a book(the word of god) be in every hotel and motel room in vages..and all around the world.

be exploited so much..i dunno..
funny thing is that no two bibles are the same in quality. the guys at the vatican probably have access to the original manuscripts - it greek latin etc- so that all good for them.......................

but check this out- i found this out recently:

i saw extracts from the arabic bible where the Quran has been plaigarised!
every chapter begins with: " In the name of ALLah the most gracious, most merciful." and the sentences begin in similar fashion too:p

in the urdu bible- (i heard, cant confirm), that the words "he" in one verse (all 7 of them) were changed to "she". incredible!:p

edit : o yea i also heard stuff about the Afrikaans bible too, but wont comment.

Last edited:

mr EaZy

HSC
katie_tully said:
WHY CAN'T YOU PEOPLE FORM A BLOODY ARGUMENT WITHOUT QUOTING BIBLE TEXTS?
i take that as a general criticism of everyone on this forum?

but i only know 2 people here who quote from the bible directly, one of em is a jehova's witness! :p

edit o my god, make that 5 people! :) i should have looked at the previous pages first! :)

Last edited:

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
thats crazy
you cant change the words of god
if it really is anyways

plus i heard
if you throw all the bibles and korans and religous scriptures and torahs and any religous book
throw them all in the ocean or burn them all
you can never get rid of the koran
because bring a russian man..a chinese man..and an arabic man
there will always be hafis of the koran
um..whats the word..people who have memorised the whole koran
and they can recite it and write it all down again
the koran will never die
even an 8 year old boy in palestine has memorized the whole koran
suphanallah

K

katie_tully

mr EaZy said:
i take that as a general criticism of everyone on this forum?

but i only know 2 people here who quote from the bible directly, one of em is a jehova's witness! :p
2 people? Open your freeking eyes.

It's a general criticism of people posting slabs of biblical texts, but as soon as we question the content of the texts they tell us some parts of the bible aren't meant to be taken literally.
I mean, wtf?

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
lol..i know ey..its crazy...
are u even looking for answers..or whatever..
are u looking for a religon or trying to believe in god..with proof?

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
i start to read it
then its too much..so i skim through
but half of it i shouldnt read coz its all like kuffir to read

K

katie_tully

I'm not looking for a religion. I made my mind up about religion a long, long time ago.

I question the compassion of your so called God the most.
Hundreds of African babies are born each day infected with AIDS. now, going by your standards, these are unmarked people who have not sinned... Yet before they take their first breath, theyve been given the death sentence.

A murderer can repent his sins, and has the opportunity to go to heaven and be forgiven by God, if he truly asks for forgiveness.
What about his victims? What about the victim that doesn't believe in God, but never had the chance to seek forgiveness. Where do they go?

What about the people who have died in holy wars. What about the death and destruction caused in the name of God.

I wonder why it is you are going to take the word of some almighty being. Are you afraid that when you die this is it? And there is no other meaning to life? Is that why you're going to live your life by some book that "is not meant to be taken literally".

Gee. What a life. Sign me up.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
God is all merciful
and forgiving
and compassionate

so if there is no god
this stuff is happening anyway
who are you going to blame?
ourselves..science..?

i dont care if u believe in god or not
but i guess because its so clear to me..i find it hard that otehr people cnat see it

same goes for you
you can clearly see there is no god u probably think how stupid we are we cnat see that
i dunno..such is life

alien

HSC
are you saying that there is no God because people suffer? or because babies die before they have a chance to find out about God? Or because people from different religions war?
There has to be suffering in this world, it's part of being human. Just because there is a God doesn't mean there is no humanity. I believe babies are born in innocence, so if a baby dies, it's not like they're going to go to "hell". it is sad that they don't get a chance of a full life because of something their forebears have done. Holy wars are still that: wars. if people go and fight and say it's in the name of God, it doesn't mean he told them to go fight. He COULD have, but alot of the time people war and use God as an excuse. it was still their choice. It's like, if i start a war in the name of trees, does that mean trees are to blame for the war?

K

katie_tully

soha said:
which doenst come naturally
its been created and given to us
where do we get our human nature from..
Are you going to sit here and tell me that God has given us our destructive human nature?

This has gone down the toilet. Believe what you want, if it helps you sleep at night.

alien

HSC
God gave us human nature, we are the ones that use it to destroy. human nature isn't only about wars and stuff. it's also about love and peace. the problem is alot of people lean towards the hate side, and that's what stands out. it's not like on the news they're going to report a community that's been without war for so many years. they report wars.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)