• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does God Exist? (1 Viewer)

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
See joujou, the problem is we point out parts to you where sexism occurs.. then you come up with sexist answers like "well women aren't as trustworthy".

when did i say that.

wtf so u want the girl to also get 50 000 and then her husbands 50 000 whilst her brother who is obliged in islam to be a provider only get 50 000.....that sounds stupid to me.

like i said, if she isnt married she gets equal......wats so sexist?

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Well science keeps disproving many aspects of a 'god'... ie; people used to believe a sun god makes the sun 'come up'.

As science advances God keeps falling into fewer and fewer parts of life, the unexplained..

Jiga

science tells u that there are other ways the universe could have been created...it dosent say there is no god
The big bang = Universe

Somehow the bible for example thinks 'God' did, this then tells me as this is a lie that the remainder of the bible and its references to god have no credibility.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Well science keeps disproving many aspects of a 'god'... ie; people used to believe a sun god makes the sun 'come up'.

As science advances God keeps falling into fewer and fewer parts of life, the unexplained..
but science is yet to say "God does not exist"...the day it comes out with proof saying god dosent exist is the day ill believe u ppl and become an athiest. until then ill stick with islam.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
The big bang = Universe

Somehow the bible for example thinks 'God' did, this then tells me as this is a lie that the remainder of the bible and its references to god have no credibility.
not all scientists believe in this big bang.......its called a "theory" because it hasnt been proven.......please go do some reading first.

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
joujou_84 said:
had an athiest given me anything to disprove god then i would have remained the way i was. the fact is to the billions of ppl who believe in god, they have their holy books as their proof. athiests have nothing. show me something that disproves god's existence and i swear ill denouce islam and religion alltogther
'Holy books' are not proof!

Atheism doesn't have a written doctrine to which all Atheists adhere to, anybody with an HSC education should know you need more than one source in order to form as unbiased an opinion as possible.

Atheism revolves around the rejection of mainstream religious thought and the embracing of a more practical approach to resolving the world's problems instead of committing all available resources to the worship of a single deity.

Jiga

They cant for various reasons....and n e way, religious ppl will always make up excuses

eg. We cant see god = there is no god

they will say you cant see the wind = there is a god

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
i just remembered something. a guy inherits his dads wealth but is obliged to then support his mother and sisters with wat he inherited......whilst a women keeps the inheritence for herself and is not obliged to support anyone. it becomes her money

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
leetom said:
'Holy books' are not proof!

Atheism doesn't have a written doctrine to which all Atheists adhere to, anybody with an HSC education should know you need more than one source in order to form as unbiased an opinion as possible.

Atheism revolves around the rejection of mainstream religious thought and the embracing of a more practical approach to resolving the world's problems instead of committing all available resources to the worship of a single deity.

atheist: One who disbelieves or denies the existence of God or gods.

u cant deny his existence if u cant prove he dosent exist.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Well for starters, it's easy to believe or not believe in something....
I think that god doesn't exist... so i am an atheist, i have no choice about that.
As you believe that the muslim god exists and have no choice.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
joujou_84 said:
i just remembered something. a guy inherits his dads wealth but is obliged to then support his mother and sisters with wat he inherited......whilst a women keeps the inheritence for herself and is not obliged to support anyone. it becomes her money
that's a little sexist...
you're a female, don't you think it's a bit discriminating? :confused:

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
joujou_84 said:
they were explained to you though. men excel women in the area of providing( thats wat the verse is talking abt)....they do not excel women overall......we are equal...women excel men in the areas of raising children, everyone has their role.....a woman can work and a man take raise kids, yet each is superior in their actual role.....the word woman is mentioned in the quran 12 times, the word man 12 times, sometimes u should read a whole verse....not a line.....
*sings time-warp*

Jiga

u cant deny his existence if u cant prove he dosent exist
When it comes to law, we have the philosopy 'Innocent until proven guilty', I believe its the same thing when it comes to god. The Onus is on ppl who believe there is a god to prove it, which they cant.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
When it comes to law, we have the philosopy 'Innocent until proven guilty', I believe its the same thing when it comes to god. The Onus is on ppl who believe there is a god to prove it, which they cant.
dosent mean their not guilty..however they can be given the benefit of the doubt, as they should....have u ever considered how screwed ud be if god actually existed......?? its actually a huge thing not to believe in god....arent u scared that god might actually exist....shouldnt u do a bit more reaserch b4 u make up ur mind?? but of course its up to u...if ur happy with life the way it is for u, then great...as long as u live without any doubts then all is good.

its all about what makes a person comfortable...if ur an atheist and have no doubt that god dosent exist, then great. if ur a believer who has no doubt god exists then thats great too....as long as ur living without doubt. if theres a tiny bit of doubt then u should work on it until u are doubt free.......

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
lol yea because u kno, doubts are bad.
You've obviously read my guide to starting up your own religion;
you must tell people that they are better believers the less doubt they have & that ignorance in the face of any facts is a good thing.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
lol yea because u kno, doubts are bad.
You've obviously read my guide to starting up your own religion;
you must tell people that they are better believers the less doubt they have & that ignorance in the face of any facts is a good thing.
wtf?? guide?

u have no facts....u have science which gives u a possible senario (and not all queries are answered by science)....yet u dont have any facts disproving god....u have to go by doubt and ask ur self do i truly believe theres no god? if u find u have no doubts that god dosent exist...then great.....have a nice life.....

and yes ur comment although u mean it sarcasticly is true...if u have doubt in wat u believe in, then ur not going to be a good believer are u?

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
wtf how is 'not all queries are answered by science' a reason to believe in god?

You've been brainwashed, you should always have doubts, always question.. not just look for ways to dismiss your doubts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)