Does God Exist? (1 Viewer)

dark_angel

God Is One
HSC
hmmmm you can say that god does not exist, but if you can do that then you can also ascertain that there are some things in this universe that you cannot know. Black holes (or singularities as you will) cannot be examined passed the event horizon. Which means that we have been denied knowledge, whatever that may be. You cannot be sure of anything in this universe, the laws of physics break down and cannot be applied in a singularity, time and space cease to exist.

And when most of the world is obsessed with politics or society we fail to realise just how insignificant we really are.

so i pose the question, if u cant be certain of whats inside a black hole which there are millions floating in space this very moment, how can u be certain that god does not exist?

and hence if u CANNOT be certain that god does not exist, isnt that a good enough reason to say that he CAN exist, if so then isnt that a valid reason to beleive in an omnibenevolent, omnipresent god?

Last edited:

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
dark_angel said:
so i pose the question, if u cant be certain of whats inside a black hole which there are millions floating in space this very moment, how can u be certain that god does not exist?
You can't be certain God does not exist.

dark_angel said:
and hence if u CANNOT be certain that god does not exist, isnt that a good enough reason to say that he CAN exist,
Yes, obviously.

dark_angel said:
if so then isnt that a valid reason to beleive in an omnibenevolent, omnipresent god?
Hell no! Where does that reasoning come from? Simply because something IS possible means it is TRUE? You can't be certain aliens don't exist, it does not follow then that they DO exist!

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I'm as certain god doesn't exist as much as i'm certain a circle can only be round, the only possibility in my mind for a god to exist would be for the impossible to be possible.

Last edited:

Vezzellda

HSC
lengstar said:
You believe in your Christian God, i'll believe in my God.
Hmm, the way you say this, and this is what many other people say, seems like by believing in something we can make it come into existence. A "Christian God" and "your God" cannot both exist, there must be a fundamental truth about the universe. I agree that we need respect for other people's beliefs, and respect for them as people, but I don't think there can be "tolerance" as it is. By believing in something, that can't just make it "oh that's ok if its true for you, but it doesn't work for me." It seems as though we are ordering God around, making him into something of our own desiring and to fill our own selfish purposes and feelings.

Don't you guys think there must be something more than this screwed world? So much is going wrong, people are depressed, hate each other and starve. I know that our world is so messed up because we have rejected God and the way he intended us to live. We didn't want to be answerable but made ourselves our own god, and so he handed us over to our sinful desires. I just ask that you might consider that there is a loving God, who longs for a restored relationship with you, and longs to be able to welcome you into eternal life and call you his child.

dark_angel

God Is One
HSC
MoonlightSonata said:
Hell no! Where does that reasoning come from? Simply because something IS possible means it is TRUE? You can't be certain aliens don't exist, it does not follow then that they DO exist!
What are u talking about, i never said it was true or is true, all i said was is that it is possible, and hence u can BELEIVE IN IT.

You have to read the quotes u are quoting

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
regardless of whether god exists a flesh and bone version, as far as his followers are concerned he exists. He exists within their minds and all that hope, faith, belief bs. And really thats all the proof anyone needs to follow something. "He said so... so it must be true" "She does it.. so yeah gotta be something to it" its the whole flocking sheep idea... and to be faithful to that idea when the sheep are slaughtered it gets messy and crude and it happens in LARGE lots (Muahaha yes i am enjoying this image). So.. until someone can find a way to slaughter this particular variety of sheep.. you can either a) if you can't beat them join them or b) try and find every way to get ur hands on a set of very sharp knives! (metaphorically speaking ofcourse...)

Does God exist... do aliens exist.. do we exist? what is existance? how is it measured? and really what benefit does anyone gain from arguing this back and forward repeatedly (other than sadistic pleasure)?

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I expect by the end of this Moonlight will come out and say 'IF YOU WANT TO FIND THE ANSWERS TO THESE AND MORE TAKE UP BArts Philosphy AT UNSW NOW!',
This is all a huge advertising gimick!

dark_angel

God Is One
HSC
eviltama said:
regardless of whether god exists a flesh and bone version, as far as his followers are concerned he exists. He exists within their minds and all that hope, faith, belief bs. And really thats all the proof anyone needs to follow something. "He said so... so it must be true" "She does it.. so yeah gotta be something to it" its the whole flocking sheep idea... and to be faithful to that idea when the sheep are slaughtered it gets messy and crude and it happens in LARGE lots (Muahaha yes i am enjoying this image). So.. until someone can find a way to slaughter this particular variety of sheep.. you can either a) if you can't beat them join them or b) try and find every way to get ur hands on a set of very sharp knives! (metaphorically speaking ofcourse...)

Does God exist... do aliens exist.. do we exist? what is existance? how is it measured? and really what benefit does anyone gain from arguing this back and forward repeatedly (other than sadistic pleasure)?
so we can try to attain an answer, obviously.....

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
how can u answer this question? its entirely philosphical.. or if ur sciency... hypothetical.

there is no solid fact. there is only word of mouth. and nothing ever comes of this arguement regardless of who its held by and when.

dark_angel

God Is One
HSC
eviltama said:
how can u answer this question? its entirely philosphical.. or if ur sciency... hypothetical.

there is no solid fact. there is only word of mouth. and nothing ever comes of this arguement regardless of who its held by and when.
what do u mean, are u implying that philosophical or hypothetical questions cannot be answered?

- eintstein used thought experiments to evaluate and probe what he could not test, yet the theory of relativity was proved true.

- maths is just writing on a piece of paper, yet the very application of this mathematics was used to build computers that u are posting these thoughts on

philosophy is trying to grapple the problem also, so dont shun the question just because it is purely hypothical or philosophical, society is founded on these applications.

dark_angel

God Is One
HSC
Can anyone disprove my arguement?

Can u say now that it is certain that god does not exist?

i dont think that there is any point in trying to argue that god exist and tell me why because that is pointless, over 1000 posts and still no conclusive evidence, altough i do have some, i have to research a bit but i will get back to u on that.

all i want to do is prove that there is a POSSIBILITY that god DOES EXIST

and hence, u cannot say for certain that god does not exist.

after this it is just subjective thought, beleive what u want to beleive, but dont say that god cant exist.

we humans (or at least some of us) have really no idea of how insignificant we are.......

dark_angel

God Is One
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
There is no POSSIBILITY it is IMPOSSIBLE, a god can only EXIST in the realm of things which are IMPOSSIBLE.
man if it is not possible than prove it, defeat my arguement and then i will beleive u, otherwise stop saying that its not.

after all i thought it was you who said give supporting reasons!!!!!

so support ur damn arguement and defeat mine

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
OMFG READ EVERY SINGLE POST AND YOU WILL REALISE THAT IN THE END A BELIEF IN GOD COMES DOWN TO SIMPLY 'I BELIEVE BECAUSE I BELIEVE', WHICH DOESN'T EXPLAIN BS OR BY SAYING 'GOD CAN DO IMPOSSIBLE THINGS'.

I DON'T WANT TO GET INTO A HUGE FUCKN ARGUMENT THAT i'VE WRITTEN LIKE FUCKN ESSAYS ON IN THE PAST 76 PAGES! JUST HAVING U SAY THE SAME RANDOM BS THAT THE OTHER THEISTS HAVE COME UP WITH AND END UP SAYING 'i believe because i believe' OR 'god can do the impossible' SOMETHING LIKE THAT.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
dark_angel said:
What are u talking about, i never said it was true or is true, all i said was is that it is possible, and hence u can BELEIVE IN IT.
Of course you can believe in it, you can believe in anything, but you will not have and justification for believing that God exists.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
dark_angel said:
Can anyone disprove my arguement?

Can u say now that it is certain that god does not exist?

i dont think that there is any point in trying to argue that god exist and tell me why because that is pointless, over 1000 posts and still no conclusive evidence, altough i do have some, i have to research a bit but i will get back to u on that.

all i want to do is prove that there is a POSSIBILITY that god DOES EXIST

and hence, u cannot say for certain that god does not exist.

after this it is just subjective thought, beleive what u want to beleive, but dont say that god cant exist.

we humans (or at least some of us) have really no idea of how insignificant we are.......
Of course it's possible for God to exist! But that aside, the onus is not on non-believers to show that God does not exist, we must start with that presumption that God does not exist and wait for you to prove that God does exist.

dark_angel

God Is One
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
OMFG READ EVERY SINGLE POST AND YOU WILL REALISE THAT IN THE END A BELIEF IN GOD COMES DOWN TO SIMPLY 'I BELIEVE BECAUSE I BELIEVE', WHICH DOESN'T EXPLAIN BS OR BY SAYING 'GOD CAN DO IMPOSSIBLE THINGS'.

I DON'T WANT TO GET INTO A HUGE FUCKN ARGUMENT THAT i'VE WRITTEN LIKE FUCKN ESSAYS ON IN THE PAST 76 PAGES! JUST HAVING U SAY THE SAME RANDOM BS THAT THE OTHER THEISTS HAVE COME UP WITH AND END UP SAYING 'i believe because i believe' OR 'god can do the impossible' SOMETHING LIKE THAT.
1- i did read every single post but i think ive forgotten most of it now
2- i know what ur saying and its an entirely subjective answer, people have their own reasons, ofcourse i realise that. And for the record, i dont beleive GOD would put his existence in jeopardy by performing miracles or other stunts to the knowledge of mass media or the public, because whats the point of a (single) god who is known to exist?!?!?!
3- i'm not saying random bullshit, if its so random answer the question and i will shutup
4- if u cant answer the question then u cant say god dosent exist so stop coming up with these baseless rejections. The arguement is clear, i will even post it to refresh your memory.
5- i dont believe because i believe, there is evidence of gods (or gods messengers) existence, in the 'Guru Granth Sahib', i am a SIKH and PROUD, i think u should do some research on the religion, and u will find that it is in the best interests of humanity, there is no worshiping idols or weird stuff like that it is totally and philosophically logical.

if u dont know what the hell i'm talking about go to this website http://www.sikhs.org/philos.htm for the basic sikh philosphy or just

www.sikhs.org for everything

u cannot say god dosent exist that is all i'm trying to say here, so get that into ur head, please to save time typing this..my hand is hurting

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
I expect by the end of this Moonlight will come out and say 'IF YOU WANT TO FIND THE ANSWERS TO THESE AND MORE TAKE UP BArts Philosphy AT UNSW NOW!',
This is all a huge advertising gimick!
Oh no you're on to me...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)